Rare Out Recorded as "7-8" ???

OFFNY

o

In the top of the 9th inning of today's game against the Red Sox, a fly ball was hit to left-centerfield.

The ball hit off of leftfielder Alejandro De-Aza's glove, and then Quintin Berry caught the ricochet.

Would that be recorded as "7-8" on the score sheet ???

Thanks in advance. :)

o

Speaking of rare outs due to a ricochet ......

OFFNY just had another World Series flashback.

1980, Game Six, the Phillies vs. the Royals.

On a foul popup, Bob Boone muffed the catch, but Pete Rose alertly reached out and caught it before it hit the ground.

I was in 10th grade at the time.

[video=youtube;t2uGm6XEbLQ]

What is with De Aza not avoiding his center fielders?

Well, both should still be calling for the ball and I agree the LF has to give way. I didn't see the Lough plow, but it looks to me as though Berry was not calling for the ball (at least at the end of that play that I could see).

Should have been Berry's ball but he didn't appear to call for it. De Aza did call for it clearly so at that point Berry should give way.

That's the way I saw it too. Interesting that Berry looked so pissed. I'm guessing he may have called for it earlier, but you have to call all the way through on a play like that.

o

Speaking of rare outs due to a ricochet ......

OFFNY just had another World Series flashback.

1980, Game Six, the Phillies vs. the Royals.

On a foul popup, Bob Boone muffed the catch, but Pete Rose alertly reached out and caught it before it hit the ground.

I was in 10th grade at the time.

[video=youtube;t2uGm6XEbLQ]

D#$% again! Must still spread rep.

No way did you just pull this out of your ---. Wow. I think I might actually remember that play.

Thanks as always OFFNY.

Archived