Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But how so? Does it enhance your performance or does it boost your performance back up to your norm before the grueling schedule started to take its toll?

It's a PED but it's not Stanozolol or anything. Hence the low penalty...you don't get penalized for one offense. People feel hyper focused, very energized, etc.

Perhaps you're out of your element Donny...

No one had it when I was growing up now everyone has it. Pharmacy companies and schools just want everyone on Meds. I am guessing the US leads the world in the cases of this. People are crazy to put their kids on drugs. The parents are all probably on anti depressants. People think drugs will solve their problems.

No one had it when I was growing up now everyone has it. Pharmacy companies and schools just want everyone on Meds. I am guessing the US leads the world in the cases of this. People are crazy to put their kids on drugs. The parents are all probably on anti depressants. People think drugs will solve their problems.

In 1955 sleeping pills and mother's little helpers were in most homes.

It's a PED but it's not Stanozolol or anything. Hence the low penalty...you don't get penalized for one offense. People feel hyper focused, very energized, etc.

That may be the case for people without ADHD...otherwise the drugs purpose is to balance out their neurotransmitters, usually dopamine, and bring them to normal levels.

Suppose someone is far sighted, doesn't realize it, and has difficulty picking up the ball out of the pitcher's hand. So he is around .200 as a hitter, but good with the glove. After going to the eye doctor he is fitted for contacts and sees the ball much better. He raises his average to around .260. Are his contacts performance enhancing?

Suppose someone is far sighted, doesn't realize it, and has difficulty picking up the ball out of the pitcher's hand. So he is around .200 as a hitter, but good with the glove. After going to the eye doctor he is fitted for contacts and sees the ball much better. He raises his average to around .260. Are his contacts performance enhancing?

You are being ridiculous. We are talking about drug abuse. Not using glasses or a bandaid.

Well, isn't that the point if determining if Aderall is needed?

Of course, the analogy isn't a good fit. If you don't need contacts, then wearing them will only hurt your vision. Not the same if you take Aderall without having ADHD.

No one probably had HIV or Ebola either...are they BS too? Just because ADHD might be over diagnosed doesn't make it BS.

You really just don't know what you're talking about. And we wonder why people are afraid to talk about or address their mental health issues in our society...

Well, isn't that the point if determining if Aderall is needed?

Of course, the analogy isn't a good fit. If you don't need contacts, then wearing them will only hurt your vision. Not the same if you take Aderall without having ADHD.

If you "only" have 20/20 vision isn't it possible to get Lasik or contacts that improve that?

Archived