Concerns about Detroit

gmelson26

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazing at how some really bad areas of Baltimore has been turned around and has been revitalized over the years, with the Inner Harbor and Convention Center buildings.

It's a gorgeous area. Taking the light rail from the airport to the stadium, you see lots of areas that you would never want to walk through.

It's a gorgeous area. Taking the light rail from the airport to the stadium, you see lots of areas that you would never want to walk through.

Yes, and I have done that, and yes the city has ways to go.

but I also remember years ago, the red light district and really bad areas of the city.

Heck, look at Pickles and how all that has been rebuilt, and Federal Hill has really nice and expensive homes.

We need to get Kinsler and Hunter out before the big boys. I really think those two players might be the key to the series.

I think this is fairly spot on. If they were to go 3 for 25 this series, we win. Miggy and Vmart are going to get their hits, let's minimize the damage.

Yeah just looked up their stats.. 2nd in runs, 1st in average, 2nd in OBP, 2nd in slugging. Didn't realize their offense was quite that scary.

I would rather plan any other team in the postseason than Detroit. They are either going to implode or make a deep run.

Pitchers need to make their pitches.

Hitters need to be patient and get good swings.

This is not the regular season anymore... Time for our guys to step-it-up!

I would rather plan any other team in the postseason than Detroit. They are either going to implode or make a deep run.

Pitchers need to make their pitches.

Hitters need to be patient and get good swings.

This is not the regular season anymore... Time for our guys to step-it-up!

I think this is the worst possible matchup we could see in the entire playoffs.

Yeah. Baltimore ranks 8th, 9th, 17th, and 3RD in those categories. OBP at .311 is awful. Detroit pitching has a chance to really expose this team.

Yeah I agree it's possible, but I will say this: I feel like the whole of our offense is better than the sum of our parts. I guess the numbers (well our win total) don't back this up. Maybe it's my tinted glasses?

Yeah I agree it's possible, but I will say this: I feel like the whole of our offense is better than the sum of our parts. I guess the numbers (well our win total) don't back this up. Maybe it's my tinted glasses?

I think like pretty much all season long, it's going to boil down to our pitching keeping the game close and the team needing to hit HR's. I'm not sure how likely it is to play out that way, and we haven't played Detroit in an awful long time, but they hit us around pretty good back then.

I think like pretty much all season long, it's going to boil down to our pitching keeping the game close and the team needing to hit HR's. I'm not sure how likely it is to play out that way, and we haven't played Detroit in an awful long time, but they hit us around pretty good back then.

Agreed.. in our favor though, I think Wallace and Chiti have turned our starters into different beasts from April and May. Post All-star break we have been pitching much better than DET... Cy Youngs or not.

Archived