If We Lose Four Straight?

Bahama O's Fan

If we lost the next two to the Royals' date=' how will look back on this season? A success? A failure? Joy? Depression?[/quote']

I would not call it a failure. But I would say it's a disappointment. The goal is to win the World Series because they are clearly capable of it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't see where any ace makes a difference when their bullpen can hold a lead and ours can't stop them from taking it.

I guess my thought was it would be nice if one of the starters could just shut them down for once instead of putting us in this slugging battle and being forced to press for runs the whole game

I guess my thought was it would be nice if one of the starters could just shut them down for once instead of putting us in this slugging battle and being forced to press for runs the whole game

But it just isn't the Orioles starters not doing that but nobody's starters have been able to!

I guess my thought was it would be nice if one of the starters could just shut them down for once instead of putting us in this slugging battle and being forced to press for runs the whole game.

Yeah, and specifically, it's been the starters and the back end of the bullpen (late relief) that have really sucked in the first 2 games.

The Orioles' middle relief hasn't been that bad in the first 2 games of this series.

We need AT LEAST 2 out of the 3 components (starters, middle relief, back end/late relief) to do well in order to succeed in the postseason, and we have not gotten that thus far in the A.L.C.S.

I do find it laughable the way a few posters seem

To dismiss the Royals with silly comments like Tampa and Toronto had 10 game winning streaks this season as if they both did it against the A's Angels and Orioles. It is baloney if you don't think it takes a heck of a baseball team to accomplish that!

I do find it laughable the way a few posters seem

To dismiss the Royals with silly comments like Tampa and Toronto had 10 game winning streaks this season as if they both did it against the A's Angels and Orioles. It is baloney if you don't think it takes a heck of a baseball team to accomplish that!

Let me tell you now. Your bandwagoning our opponents is laughable. The Royals are an inferior team. That is hot as a pistol for the last six games. Many inferior teams were hotter, longer.

Let me tell you now. Your bandwagoning our opponents is laughable. The Royals are an inferior team. That is hot as a pistol for the last six games. Many inferior teams were hotter, longer.

Balderdash. They are not a fluke thier lineup is full of extremely tough outs that wear on any starting pitcher by running up their pitch counts plus they have the added pressure of speed which is also deadly in tight one run games. Their bullpen is even better than the good one the Orioles have. Claiming they are just lucky reeks of sour grapes as they may be the best team in baseball right now.

Balderdash. They are not a fluke thier lineup is full of extremely tough outs that wear on any starting pitcher by running up their pitch counts plus they have the added pressure of speed which is also deadly in tight one run games. Their bullpen is even better than the good one the Orioles have. Claiming they are just lucky reeks of sour grapes as they may be the best team in baseball right now.

What is their team P/PA? You must have looked it up before making a definitive statement like that right? You wouldn't just pull something out of your backside and hit Post Quick Reply right? Not an old pro like yourself.

So, what is their team P/PA and how does it compare to the O's specifically and the league as a whole?

What is their team P/PA? You must have looked it up before making a definitive statement like that right? You wouldn't just pull something out of your backside and hit Post Quick Reply right? Not an old pro like yourself.

So, what is their team P/PA and how does it compare to the O's specifically and the league as a whole?

I don't know nor care but it certainly must be better than the Orioles in this AL championship as it seems to take forever for our pitchers to complete an inning whereas they (especially) their bullpen breeze through the Orioles lineup mostly.

I don't know nor care but it certainly must be better than the Orioles in this AL championship as it seems to take forever for our pitchers to complete an inning whereas they (especially) their bullpen breeze through the Orioles lineup mostly.

Oh so you are pulling stuff out of your backside again.

Shouldn't you at least have the decency to tell folks you are making stuff up as you go along? In case someone has just joined and doesn't know that is your modus operandi.

If we lose this series in 4 or we lose it in 7, no difference to me. We had a great year, came up short in the ALCS.

Only thing losing 4 would mean is that Chris Davis can't play Opening Day in Tampa.

I wonder if MLB would waive the last game?

You have to think they would waive the last game.

Archived