2014 WORLD SERIES (Giants vs. Royals)

OFFNY

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't there a reasonable chance that the tiny camera in the grass near the batter's box will get trampled before the World Series is over? I find the view mildly entertaining, but I just keep thinking of "Fuzzy Dunlop", the wireless mic hidden in a tennis ball on The Wire, that eventually gets crushed by a truck.

Remember in the 2009 World Series, when Alex Rodriguez hit what would have been a double, but he was awarded with a home run when the ball hit an extra camera that was jutting over the outfield wall and into the field of play ???

They removed the camera immediately after that game for the rest of the series ...... a little too late for the Phillies.

[video=youtube;ELVGa6Lq-XU]

Remember in the 2009 World Series, when Alex Rodriguez hit what would have been a double, but he was awarded with a home run when the ball hit an extra camera that was jutting over the outfield wall and into the field of play ???

They removed the camera immediately after that game for the rest of the series ...... a little too late for the Phillies.

Blast from the past ^. And Yankee luck.

I wish there were a cam on Tommy Lasorda's ball cap at the All-Star game when he was upended by a screaming foul ball.

But really, what is that infield / batter's box cam? A micro-filament or some kind of fiber optic thing? I'd think it would be easily trod upon just from a pitcher-catcher conference.

EDIT: My girlfriend just commented: " Perhaps, the cameras could be hidden in the facial hair."

Blast from the past ^. And Yankee luck.

I wish there were a cam on Tommy Lasorda's ball cap at the All-Star game when he was upended by a screaming foul ball.

But really, what is that infield / batter's box cam? A micro-filament or some kind of fiber optic thing? I'd think it would be easily trod upon just from a pitcher-catcher conference.

Or a Baltimore Chop.

This game has gone about as splendidly as possible.

One of my coworkers was badgering me about whether or not I was going to watch the World Series. I kept telling him that as far as I was aware, the World Series wasn't starting until October 15.

I've been switching back and forth all night and cannot be happier with how the Giants are crushing the Royals.

Archived