2014 WORLD SERIES (Giants vs. Royals)

OFFNY

My whole reaction to KC's body language in the two earlier postseason series was "act like you've been there". The chest beating and taunting won't take you all the way. Can't play with that kind of emotion over a long postseason Now that they ARE there, they are like deer in the headlights. Just wish it had come earlier.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My whole reaction to KC's body language in the two earlier postseason series was "act like you've been there". The chest beating and taunting won't take you all the way. Can't play with that kind of emotion over a long postseason Now that they ARE there, they are like deer in the headlights. Just wish it had come earlier.

Yeah where is all that cockiness now?:eektf:

During the 1980 season, George Brett was interviewed while he was making his run at .400.

They asked him what the ball looked like when it came out of the pitcher(s)' hand, and he said, "Like a basketball."

Probably looked a lot smaller the last week of the year, sitting on the bench to protect his average.

He did no such thing.

This is his game log from the 1980 season:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=brettge01&t=b&year=1980

Brett played in every game in the final week of the season, including all 14 innings of a game against the Mariners, in which he went 3-for-6 in 7 plate appearances.

He would have nothing to "protect" anyway, as the next highest batter (Cecil Cooper) in the league was almost 40 points behind him.

The series isn't going back to KC...and the Royals don't think so, either?

If the Giants win this game, and one of their players are asked a similar question as was Dyson about the Orioles last week, I really hope that they do what Dyson should have done when he was asked (by a reporter) about the series with the Orioles ...... simply defer the question, and say something like, "We won tonight. All we are thinking about is winning Game Two, not thinking about Games Three, Four, Five, etc."

Archived