Dan Connolly is going to be on the Viviano show shortly...

Black & Orange

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im hearing the reason that there is a hold up is Angelos. My source didnt say what he is doing, but its because Angelos is in the middle of things. Plus Jones is back in Phoenix. I guess he is waiting for a phone call. An Bedard has yet to take his physical. We thought he would over the weekend, but some reason he is still in Canada. Ill have more soon.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, taken with a grain of salt. Thanks for the update.

Serenity Now!

Exactly... But I wouldn't hold my breath on having him and Sherrill fly back here again just for a press conference...

Now on the other hand, I could definately see Bedard having a press conference in Seattle... Just because it is such a high profile acquisition for them...

Just my opinion.

Exactly...which is probably why we had Jones come to Baltimore for his physical on Monday, but Bedard was still in Canada as of this morning....save his physical for last so he can go to Seattle (hopefully he did that today), take the physical (this evening or tomorrow mornign), get the results, and have a press conference. The Mariners are getting the superstar, they will defintiely have a press conference.

Honestly, if you really look at it closely, there is a logical explanation for everything EXCEPT the delay from last Sunday until last Friday or Saturday...it's like things went on hold then. AJ's 1/29 physical cancelled. Nothing happened all last week. Maybe it was Angelos. Maybe it was MacPhail. Maybe it was Seattle. Who knows. But since then it seems to be falling into place for a late Wed /early Thu announcement.

Sunday 1/27 -- we have the leak

SOMETHING makes everything grind to a halt until Friday or Saturday

Saturday 2/2 -- rumors start heating up again but with it being Super Bowl weekend nothing will happen until Monday

Monday 2/4 -- all reports are that Jones and Sherrill had their physicals

Tuesday 2/5 -- newspapers in Baltimore and Seattle report that EB is "on his way" to Seattle for his physical

Wednesday 2/6 -- hopefully Bedard has and passes his physical

late Wednesday or early Thursday -- announcement

There is nothing going on now to drag things out...this is all routine. The 5 day gap last week where nothing happened is why this trade took so long. I wonder if we'll ever find out the "inside story".

Archived