celeb's wearing O's gear

tutka

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seen wearing an O's hat at a Yanks/Red Sox game at Yankees Stadium. PSH is a native of Rochester, NY.

Met him at an O's game a couple years ago. Sat a across the aisle from him. He was filming Red Dragon I think with Ed Norton in Baltimore.

In Wedding Crashers Gibbons of all people hits a HR while a game is watched on TV.

In "A Few Good Men," Ripken is in the background on the TV hitting a homer...or is it my namesake? I can never remember. A good excuse to whip out that movie, what a great one...

From the wiki page:

The second baseball game that Daniel Kaffee watches during the movie is an actual game played between the Baltimore Orioles and the Minnesota Twins on June 17, 1991, halting the Twins' 15 game win streak

In "A Few Good Men," Ripken is in the background on the TV hitting a homer...or is it my namesake? I can never remember. A good excuse to whip out that movie, what a great one...

I think it was Milligan.

Ed Norton is a huge O's fan. Josh Charles (very underrated actor) is too. Tom Hanks is an O's fan.

In Wedding Crashers Gibbons of all people hits a HR while a game is watched on TV.

Ed Norton is a big O's fan supposedly. I heard his family was a big deal in Columbia, grandfather invented the minimall concept or something.

# Edward Norton, Academy Award-nominated actor and grandson of James Rouse, made his professional debut at age 8 at Toby's Dinner Theatre

wikipedia.com

Elaine from Seinfeld was an O's fan.... I'm not sure if she was in real life or not...

Actually, she (Julia-Louise Dreyfus) is an O's fan, to some level. Her sister Amy was in my sister's class in school in D.C. I somehow scored an invite to a high school party when I was in junior high, and there was an O's game on TV when I got there.

Oddly enough, J-LD wanted no part of her younger sister's party, or her younger sister's friend's even younger brother (dammit). I did see her watching the game, and when I tried to join her and talk her up with oh-so-smooth talk about Eddie Murray (or whoever), she .... left.

I'm still somewhat scarred by the even, as you can tell.

Didn't know that bit about her father. Either that's B.S. or she had a step-father when I met her. Nowhere near that kind of cash back in the day.

Archived