Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

Wow, we are awful, we are going to finish in last place, this team is a joke, Dan Duquette is a secret agent for the Blue Jays, I can't wait until they move the team to Portland.

Let's bulldoze Camden Yards and turn it into a parking lot. There needs to be more space for the tourism down at the Inner Harbor, right?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Industry expectation strong <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mets?src=hash">#Mets</a> will lose RHP Logan Verrett in tmrw’s Rule 5. Clubs see as back-end SP or stuff playing up as 7th-inn RP</p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

">December 10, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He was right

I love how Rule V is our main action at the Winter Meetings. Meanwhile, the Dodgers and Cubs, who also took Rule V guys, have made splash after splash to improve their teams.

It's just funny. I like DD, but he seems completely incapable of multi-tasking at these WM.

I don't see why people insist on so much criticism that we use the Rule 5 as a sourceof getting more talent into the system. Doesn't everyone want us using every resource available? Sure you aren't going to get game changing talent but you can get contributors and deepen the system.

Just because they haven't done much SO FAR this off season, doesn't mean they shouldn't do anything with the rule 5 draft. It's just silly to criticize this.

I love how Rule V is our main action at the Winter Meetings. Meanwhile, the Dodgers and Cubs, who also took Rule V guys, have made splash after splash to improve their teams.

It's just funny. I like DD, but he seems completely incapable of multi-tasking at these WM.

Whatever... Friedman is unhinged and does not care about team chemistry. As for the Cubs... they added a piece but are several pieces away.

This is ridiculous. Do you really think DD was sitting around doing nothing other than prepping for the Rule 5 draft all week? That's the only thing he was focused one because he can't multi-task? I mean really, is that what you think?

Seems like both are power arms. Verret is the most likely to stick. But Garcia has the bigger upside, especially since they traded for him.

From what I've read, Verrett will likely have to go to the pen because he does NOT have a power arm. His best pitch is his slider. From Newsday.com: He ended 2014 on a hot streak, allowing 22 hits and nine walks in 38 innings with a 2.84 ERA (six starts). Maybe his fastball improved at the end of the season?

Whatever... Friedman is unhinged and does not care about team chemistry. As for the Cubs... they added a piece but are several pieces away.

Friedman did what he was hired to do: Blow up the team and start again. Chemistry doesn't really matter in that situation.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>mark reynolds has a deal with cardinals, pending physical</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 11, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived