Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

I believe that the compensation package is just Ken's hot air.That's what I believe. I believe he is basing his tweet on a post I made here saying Sanchez and Pompey. That is what I believe. A game of telephone. I believe his source on who wants Dan gone is a poster on this site. That is what I believe. But. I don't care.

I don't think Ken makes things up. His source might be wrong and when he was here the Orioles did not treat him well. Of course,that is from his father the lawyer who lives on the Island. Long that is.:)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you 100%, but from a PR standpoint this needs to be resolved either way sooner than later, the organization can't allow this to linger.

Sure it can. It is just Ken making more trash. There is no PR backlash at all. By discussing this we are making Ken relevant. Which he no longer is.

I agree with you 100%, but from a PR standpoint this needs to be resolved either way sooner than later, the organization can't allow this to linger.

Yeah, I agree. The conspiracy theories are a bit silly thinking he'd actively hurt the Orioles (while I think he might just half ass the job a bit, as anyone who is in a situation they don't enjoy would be liable to do), but the PR issue is a mess right now. Either Dan should say he is committed to staying to the O's or we should move in a new direction.

Well i trust Ken unlike most here. If Dan heart isn't 100% for the Oriole let him go. I would rather have someone that wants the Orioles job.

Just because someone wants the job does not mean they are the best for the job. The 1998 - 2011 Orioles teams say hello to the baseball guru, the man who knows it all where running a baseball team is concerned.....BIRDLAND!!!!:wedge::2yay-thumb::beerchug1::wedge:

:rolleyes:

Bet ya Syd Thrift would love to have the job....ROTFLMAO.

I don't think Ken makes things up. His source might be wrong and when he was here the Orioles did not treat him well. Of course,that is from his father the lawyer who lives on the Island. Long that is.:)

Ok. I know you are well connected and I believe what you state. Are you sure this is not just Dempsey trying to be GM?

Sure it can it is just Ken making more trash.

Disagree Weams, I agree that Ken likes to take shots at Angelos and the second tweet is where he bothers me. All that being said something is brewing and this needs to be resolved so all the parties can move on.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsOrioles10">@ChiefsOrioles10</a> News is news.</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ken answered a Oriole fan on twitter.

First of all, there is no "news" here. The report that compensation has been discussed was already made by Roch in a Dec. 24 post: "He isn't walking around with Canadian money in his wallet, but his departure remains a real possibility despite the four years remaining on his contract. And if it happens, the Orioles will be compensated for it. Those discussions have taken place, according to sources."

Second of all, this may well be the very first stage of the discussions (following the zeroth stage of someone in the BJ's administration leaking the original story before a request for permission to interview was even made to PA). In other words, Angelos may well be saying we have to discuss what compensation we would require before we even grant permission for you to interview Dan. If the compensation demand is high enough, it might convince the BJ's to look elsewhere. Or, as Wildcard speculated, it might launch a lengthy negotiation that delays any interview access long enough that the BJ's decide to move on.

The fact that discussions have occurred tells us very little about the likelihood of Dan's even being interviewed, let alone leaving. In fact, it tells us as little as Rosenthal saying that someone in the organization, at who knows what level, wouldn't mind seeing Dan leave. It is not Rosenthal's "facts" that manifest his bias, but his manner of presentation, suggesting that Dan is somehow being "forced out." And the facts were already reported weeks ago.

I think we can survive Duquette's departure. His biggest contributions had been the under the radar moves and putting a better organization together. I hope we can retain the scouting structure (Rasjich, Ferreira, etc.) in place. Where there is smoke there is fire. I find it very hard to believe that Duquette has not spoken to someone in the Blue Jays hierarchy about his interest in this job.

I know that you are not a firebrand. Dan is not permitted to talk with Toronto. And hasn't.

Disagree Weams, I agree that Ken likes to take shots at Angelos and the second tweet is where he bothers me. All that being said something is brewing and this needs to be resolved so all the parties can move on.

Fans need to understand that they are not one of the parties to which you refer. We are innocent bystanders. That's all. Hopefully, the teams will proceed at a pace that suits them.

As far as Dan not doing his job, has anyone here ever slacked off at their job while in negotiations with another company? I'm sure some people are like that, but not those with high integrity.

First of all, there is no "news" here. The report that compensation has been discussed was already made by Roch in a Dec. 24 post: "He isn't walking around with Canadian money in his wallet, but his departure remains a real possibility despite the four years remaining on his contract. And if it happens, the Orioles will be compensated for it. Those discussions have taken place, according to sources."

Second of all, this may well be the very first stage of the discussions (following the zeroth stage of someone in the BJ's administration leaking the original story before a request for permission to interview was even made to PA). In other words, Angelos may well be saying we have to discuss what compensation we would require before we even grant permission for you to interview Dan. If the compensation demand is high enough, it might convince the BJ's to look elsewhere. Or, as Wildcard speculated, it might launch a lengthy negotiation that delays any interview access long enough that the BJ's decide to move on.

The fact that discussions have occurred tells us very little about the likelihood of Dan's even being interviewed, let alone leaving. In fact, it tells us as little as Rosenthal saying that someone in the organization, at who knows what level, wouldn't mind seeing Dan leave. It is not Rosenthal's "facts" that manifest his bias, but his manner of presentation, suggesting that Dan is somehow being "forced out." And the facts were already reported weeks ago.

Read this. Believe this. Dan is not being asked to leave. Nor has he had any communication with Toronto. And if he were to have, the Orioles would be the ones worrying about how to sod the dome. Because they would own that franchise as well.

I know that you are not a firebrand. Dan is not permitted to talk with Toronto. And hasn't.

Common sense says that if the Orioles and Jays are negotiating it means he will leave if am agreement is reached. I don't buy for one second that the Jays and DD are walking into this blind.

It's ok that that you disagree. I do know that Ken would not know if this were indeed true. He's over.

If this tweet by Rosenthal really had any legs wouldn't MLB Trade Rumors have at least a little blurb about it? So far I've seen nothing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>East Notes: Duquette, Gattis,*Santana <a href="http://t.co/l90kQ58s0H">http://t.co/l90kQ58s0H</a></p>— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="

">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Common sense says that if the Orioles and Jays are negotiating it means he will leave if am agreement is reached. I don't buy for one second that the Jays and DD are walking into this blind.

True that. This is all just Ken it's not news. He refused to answer my question BTW.

Archived