Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see names like Dalton Pompey and Aaron Sanchez being thrown around as "possible" compensation. Why would the Blue Jays even be interested in moving any of their top 5 prospects for a front office guy. As an O's fan I would have to say that I wouldn't mind one or both in and O's uniform, but I just don't see the payoff for the Blue Jays.

I am their source for that BTW.

I see names like Dalton Pompey and Aaron Sanchez being thrown around as "possible" compensation. Why would the Blue Jays even be interested in moving any of their top 5 prospects for a front office guy. As an O's fan I would have to say that I wouldn't mind one or both in and O's uniform, but I just don't see the payoff for the Blue Jays.

I would be shocked to see Pompey or Sanchez coming to the Orioles as compensation. The only reason why I could actually see it happening is the length of DD's current contract.

Angelos is getting something for this, I don't know what but it will be something.

I don't think you'd get as far as discussing compensation if Duquette never even talked to the Jays about his desire to work with them. Unless the people thinking there was no "tampering" think that the compensation reports are just lies by Rosenthal, which would make little sense for one of the most respected baseball journalists to do.

Some naive takes in this thread IMO.

My take:

- I don't know how this is "new" as Roch reported on it several weeks ago.

- Typical Rosenthal slant on it which I think undermines him completely

- While I don't think the Jays have talked directly to DD or his representation, they must know through intermediaries that he is interested.

- The way these things typically work is that someone on the Orioles side, probably an Angelos, is contacted by the BJ. He then goes to DD to see if he has interest because it isn't tampering for the Orioles to ask that question. It will only proceed to discussing compensation with the BJ if DD says that he is seriously interested. Then, the real negotiations for compensation take place. The Angelos handling the negotiation will use DD and his staff to determine appropriate compensation so all of this is being done with DD's knowledge.

- It wouldn't surprise me if Angelos was surprised at DD's level of interest when they approached him and that has led to some hard feeelings. PGA has a serious issue with not feeling wanted and letting that get to him.

- I would say this does have legs, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the compensation requested is viewed as outlandish by the BJ. It remains to be seen if a compromise can be reached if that is the case.

- Even if all of this is going on, DD is still working hard and doing everything he can for this organization. There is just no way a guy like him acts differently than that. No way.

My thoughts

It's news because Ken has no real news any longer. He competes with the 12 year old. And loses. The man could write in his day. I'll give him that.

Some naive takes in this thread IMO.

My take:

- I don't know how this is "new" as Roch reported on it several weeks ago.

- Typical Rosenthal slant on it which I think undermines him completely

- While I don't think the Jays have talked directly to DD or his representation, they must know through intermediaries that he is interested.

- The way these things typically work is that someone on the Orioles side, probably an Angelos, is contacted by the BJ. He then goes to DD to see if he has interest because it isn't tampering for the Orioles to ask that question. It will only proceed to discussing compensation with the BJ if DD says that he is seriously interested. Then, the real negotiations for compensation take place. The Angelos handling the negotiation will use DD and his staff to determine appropriate compensation so all of this is being done with DD's knowledge.

- It wouldn't surprise me if Angelos was surprised at DD's level of interest when they approached him and that has led to some hard feeelings. PGA has a serious issue with not feeling wanted and letting that get to him.

- I would say this does have legs, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the compensation requested is viewed as outlandish by the BJ. It remains to be seen if a compromise can be reached if that is the case.

- Even if all of this is going on, DD is still working hard and doing everything he can for this organization. There is just no way a guy like him acts differently than that. No way.

My thoughts

If I were Dan I'd be interested. If I had a four year contact, I'd be sad.

Archived