Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

So let me get this straight. If the compensation is a PTBNL, that could potentially mean that Jeff Hoffman is the return? He can't be named so soon (Trea Turner fiasco). If that's true, then this could be the first time I'm hoping for the PTBNL.

We would know it was Hoffman, even though it would technically be a PTBNL.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So let me get this straight. If the compensation is a PTBNL, that could potentially mean that Jeff Hoffman is the return? He can't be named so soon (Trea Turner fiasco). If that's true, then this could be the first time I'm hoping for the PTBNL.

He won't officially be named, but I'm sure one of the sources will say who is the player being traded.

Even if we make out well in this deal, MLB should be ashamed of themselves for getting involved and I will put Toronto right up there for teams I hate. I never minded them before but now hope everything that bad happens, happens to them, and only them.

It's a shame some writers have decided our Orioles are so wrong for not just letting a guy go IN THE DIVISION, especially when tampering is clear

Call me "greedy," but I would want more of a sure thing for Duquette after seeing how he turned around this franchise.

I wouldn't part with the guy for anything less than a package of Sanchez/Norris and a player like Devon Travis (though Pompey would be nice).

The O's organization already has enough "top pitching prospects" with injury concerns who may end up being disappointments. If Duquette goes to the Jays, you want him to immediately regret being stuck with a depleted farm system.

Even if we make out well in this deal, MLB should be ashamed of themselves for getting involved and I will put Toronto right up there for teams I hate. I never minded them before but now hope everything that bad happens, happens to them, and only them.

It's a shame some writers have decided our Orioles are so wrong for not just letting a guy go IN THE DIVISION, especially when tampering is clear

I can see a bigger rivalry coming out of this. Especially once you add in the fact that Donaldson is now with them.

MLB always gets involved when compensation is needed for executives switching teams.

Call me "greedy," but I would want more of a sure thing for Duquette after seeing how he turned around this franchise.

I wouldn't part with the guy for anything less than a package of Sanchez/Norris and a player like Devon Travis (though Pompey would be nice).

The O's organization already has enough "top pitching prospects" with injury concerns who may end up being disappointments. If Duquette goes to the Jays, you want him to immediately regret being stuck with a depleted farm system.

I would also like the Jays and DD to feel the pain right now, especially when you consider that it likely influenced our lack of an offseason. That can't be proven, but it damn sure looks like it

Especially when teams like the White Sox and Nats shut them down when they inquired about their GMs. Why aren't the White Sox and Nats raked over the coals, like the O's have been? Especially since Ken Williams apparently expressed interest in the Toronto job. Why aren't the White Sox a terrible, awful, no good franchise?

Especially when teams like the White Sox and Nats shut them down when they inquired about their GMs. Why aren't the White Sox and Nats raked over the coals, like the O's have been? Especially since Ken Williams apparently expressed interest in the Toronto job. Why aren't the White Sox a terrible, awful, no good franchise?

I have a thought...perhaps Williams and Rizzo weren't really all that interested?

I must have missed all of those stories. Who raked us over the coals? "Will be difficult for Baltimore to stand in the way" is about the toughest I've seen anyone point to.

That was bit of hyperbole on my part, but it seemed like some writers were getting on the Orioles for not just letting this happen. I don't blame the Orioles for standing in the way, when there is a contract in place, when it certainly looks like some tampering has taken place and considering some of the tactics the Blue Jays have used here.

With that being said, I just want this to be over at this point.

I have a thought...perhaps Williams and Rizzo weren't really all that interested?

I don't know about Rizzo, but there were plenty of stories and insider chatter about Williams being interested, but the White Sox blocked him.

Kenny Williams confirmed Sunday afternoon he considered resigning from the White Sox in order to pursue other opportunities if they arose.

Earlier, a FoxSports.com report surfaced that Williams -- the team’s executive vice president and former general manager -- would have interest in replacing Toronto Blue Jays president/CEO Paul Beeston when he retires. The report also suggested the White Sox have hesitated to give Williams permission to interview for the position.

Williams, who is in town for the Winter Meetings, which get undeway Monday, confirmed earlier remarks made to WSCR-670 AM. He declined to further comment on the situation. He told the Tribune "that ship has sailed" and it's "not new."

“I said when asked that in a situation like this, one has to re-evaluate everything, take stock and look at all options,” Williams said. “I would be lying if I didn’t say that (resigning) was one of them. I am here focused on making the White Sox the best possible team we can.”

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/kenny-williams-considered-leaving-white-sox-other-opportunities

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2329731-dan-duquette-rumors-latest-buzz-and-speculation-on-execs-future-with-orioles

I am so confused because I read on here all off-season this was a non-issue and Dan was staying? What changed?

If the Jays make an unprecedented offer, then it is silly for the Orioles to refuse it. Everyone is available for the right price.

Archived