Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Why not take a look at the way the Blue Jays front office is set up so you can see Paul Beeston's position and where it fits into the scheme of things?

Looks like the President/CEO of the Blue Jays has two people above him just like DD has with the Orioles. The one thing that sticks out to me is Cito Gaston is a Consultant to the team. If that isn't something to make you hate the Jays I don't know what is.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like the President/CEO of the Blue Jays has two people above him just like DD has with the Orioles. The one thing that sticks out to me is Cito Gaston is a Consultant to the team. If that isn't something to make you hate the Jays I don't know what is.

I guess you see what you want to see.

I think this discussion is at the point that everything that can be said, has been said, repeatedly. Duke has made it clear his heart and soul are in it to win a championship for the Orioles in 2015. Some refuse to believe his intentions, but that's their problem. Time to move on for now?

I think this discussion is at the point that everything that can be said, has been said, repeatedly. Duke has made it clear his heart and soul are in it to win a championship for the Orioles in 2015. Some refuse to believe his intentions, but that's their problem. Time to move on for now?

Book 'em, Dan-o.

I feel like MLB needs to get a hold of this or we are going to see more low morals teams pulling stuff like this. Trade deadline rolls around...I would be floating rumors that my biggest rivals GM is a candidate for a position in my organization. Let him answer those questions instead of focusing on improving the team during crunch time.

I guess you see what you want to see.

No I am looking at the link you posted:

EXECUTIVE OFFICE

Vice Chairman, Rogers Communications Inc. Phil Lind

President, Rogers Media Keith Pelley

President and CEO, Toronto Blue Jays & Rogers Centre Paul Beeston

How is that not third in line. He is third in the list in the executive office. Just like DD is with the O's. Under the Peter and his Son.

EXECUTIVE OFFICE

How is that not third in line. He is third in the list in the executive office. Just like DD is with the O's. Under the Peter and his Son.

I posted the link in response to your comment that he wouldn't be in charge of the Rogers Centre. And look, you even pasted it right here. But, somehow, you didn't see it I guess.

Also, the two people above Beeston on their chart do not run the business of the Blue Jays, they are both in media. Beeston is responsible for the Blue Jays business.

Whether you want to see it or not, the job is very much a promotion.

I posted the link in response to your comment that he wouldn't be in charge of the Rogers Centre. And look, you even pasted it right here. But, somehow, you didn't see it I guess.

Also, the two people above Beeston on their chart do not run the business of the Blue Jays, they are both in media. Beeston is responsible for the Blue Jays business.

Whether you want to see it or not, the job is very much a promotion.

And a job that Dan has expressed interest in for the last 13 years.

Yup Beeson is staying. DD is staying lets focus on 2015. Glad that DD is staying and this franchise will remain in his capable hands. :)

EXECUTIVE OFFICE

How are you not getting this??? He would be the CEO of the Blue Jays and Rogers Communications, not a EVOP ["GM"] of a baseball franchise.

I wonder if this is the most tired conversation in the history of OH? Sadly it's probably not even top 5. I keep opening this dumb thread thinking there might be something substantive added. I'm continually disappointed so I guess I'll move on!

Archived