Melewski's lineup

Bahama O's Fan

Well I may be alone on this, but it won't be the first time. I believe that Delmon Young getting the vast majority of the DH AB's would produce very good results. He has his short comings as an overall player, but he knows how to hit. If Delmon gets 450 AB's his numbers will be very solid.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2014/12/projecting-the-2015-opening-day-lineup.html

I know it won't be the opening day line up because of Davis' suspension' date=' but looks decent. I don't know if Winters starts behind the plate, though. Who do you think gets the four bench spots? Wieters, Lough, Flaherty, and...?[/quote']

With that line up - we are in trouble. color my unimpressed.

Yep; I hope that's not the lineup vs right handers. As things stand, Lough would be in there:

LF Alejandro De Aza

1B/DH Steve Pearce

DH/1B Chris Davis

CF Adam Jones

C Matt Wieters

3B Manny Machado

SS J.J. Hardy

RF David Lough

2B Jonathan Schoop

That is still not ideal #s 4-7, but better than having Young in there.

THis looks good to me. We will be facing Alex Cobb, an RHP. Delmon is 1st man up on the bench. Lough comes in for defense, Pearce to DH.

I think Buck will go De Aza in RF and Lough in LF based on how they were used last year.

Depending on matchup history and Cobb's splits (someone can check this), Flaherty could start at 2B.

Well I may be alone on this, but it won't be the first time. I believe that Delmon Young getting the vast majority of the DH AB's would produce very good results. He has his short comings as an overall player, but he knows how to hit. If Delmon gets 450 AB's his numbers will be very solid.

His career wRC+ of 98 says otherwise. His BABIP of .359 this year also screams fluke.

THis looks good to me. We will be facing Alex Cobb, an RHP. Delmon is 1st man up on the bench. Lough comes in for defense, Pearce to DH.

I think Buck will go De Aza in RF and Lough in LF based on how they were used last year.

Depending on matchup history and Cobb's splits (someone can check this), Flaherty could start at 2B.

My guess on opening day, with us facing a RHP and Davis on a suspension to see something like this:

LF-De Aza

3B-Machado

1B-Pearce

CF-Jones

DH-Wieters

SS-Hardy

RF-Lough

2B-Schoop

C-Joseph

I think Wieters will not go on the DL to start the year if he can hit and catch once or twice a week. He will be the primary DH. I think De Aza is in LF as that's where he played last year and Buck likes Lough's defense, so he can put him anywhere. I think he has a stronger arm too.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2014/12/projecting-the-2015-opening-day-lineup.html

I know it won't be the opening day line up because of Davis' suspension' date=' but looks decent. I don't know if Winters starts behind the plate, though. Who do you think gets the four bench spots? Wieters, Lough, Flaherty, and...?[/quote']

Boy that's a lot of question marks. Let's hope they add someone.

My guess on opening day' date=' with us facing a RHP and Davis on a suspension to see something like this:

LF-De Aza

3B-Machado

1B-Pearce

CF-Jones

DH-Wieters

SS-Hardy

RF-Lough

2B-Schoop

C-Joseph

I think Wieters will not go on the DL to start the year if he can hit and catch once or twice a week. He will be the primary DH. I think De Aza is in LF as that's where he played last year and Buck likes Lough's defense, so he can put him anywhere. I think he has a stronger arm too.[/quote']

That's a very sensible lineup for opening day, with Wieters DHing. I really don't like going R-R-R two through four but they're kind of cornered. At least Machado and Jones have good splits.

Archived