Melewski's lineup

Bahama O's Fan

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2014/12/projecting-the-2015-opening-day-lineup.html

LF Alejandro De Aza

RF Steve Pearce

1B Chris Davis

CF Adam Jones

C Matt Wieters

3B Manny Machado

SS J.J. Hardy

DH Delmon Young

2B Jonathan Schoop

I know it won't be the opening day line up because of Davis' suspension, but looks decent. I don't know if Winters starts behind the plate, though. Who do you think gets the four bench spots? Wieters, Lough, Flaherty, and...?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2014/12/projecting-the-2015-opening-day-lineup.html

I know it won't be the opening day line up because of Davis' suspension' date=' but looks decent. I don't know if Winters starts behind the plate, though. Who do you think gets the four bench spots? Wieters, Lough, Flaherty, and...?[/quote']

I don't see Wieters on the OD roster if he can't catch. So if have Joseph, Flaherty, and Lough.

The thirteenth guy could be someone they trade for (Smith, Snider, Venable, etc), a FA like Rasmus or Aoki, or one of many internal candidates: Hassan, Paredes, Urrutia, Navarro, Alvarez, Walker, the catcher from Boston. Plenty of possibilities there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't think you'll see Buck put up a lineup with four consecutive right-handed hitters at the bottom of the order. He likes to force the opposition to bring in a lefty. Also don't think you'll see Machado that far down in the lineup.

Using the same players, I'd expect something more along these lines -

De Aza

Pearce

Machado

Jones

Davis

Young

Wieters

Hardy

Schoop

I'd prefer to upgrade the DH spot. Delmon is best suited for a part time, 250 PA role.

Yep; I hope that's not the lineup vs right handers. As things stand, Lough would be in there:

LF Alejandro De Aza

1B/DH Steve Pearce

DH/1B Chris Davis

CF Adam Jones

C Matt Wieters

3B Manny Machado

SS J.J. Hardy

RF David Lough

2B Jonathan Schoop

That is still not ideal #s 4-7, but better than having Young in there.

The team looks very good vs LHP by the way. One possible lineup:

3B Manny Machado

RF Steve Pearce

1B Chris Davis

CF Adam Jones

C Matt Wieters

DH Delmon Young

SS J.J. Hardy

LF Alex Hassan

2B Jonathan Schoop

Righties galore, plus Matt Wieters. It'll be interesting to see who wins the last bench spot if no one is added... at the moment, it looks like Alex Hassan vs Jimmy Paredes.

Don't think you'll see Buck put up a lineup with four consecutive right-handed hitters at the bottom of the order. He likes to force the opposition to bring in a lefty. Also don't think you'll see Machado that far down in the lineup.

Using the same players, I'd expect something more along these lines -

De Aza

Pearce

Machado

Jones

Davis

Young

Wieters

Hardy

Schoop

yep :agree:

Yep; I hope that's not the lineup vs right handers. As things stand, Lough would be in there:

LF Alejandro De Aza

1B/DH Steve Pearce

DH/1B Chris Davis

CF Adam Jones

C Matt Wieters

3B Manny Machado

SS J.J. Hardy

RF David Lough

2B Jonathan Schoop

That is still not ideal #s 4-7, but better than having Young in there.

You pegged it as of now. I think it's Paredes, Hassan, possibly Reimold fighting it out for the 1 open spot. If MW can't catch he will be on the DL on OD. No reason to keep 3 catchers. At this point I'm pretty content with this. I don't get why we'd trade anyone to fill out a part time role. Would the value that we gave up be worth the value added over Lough getting 400 AB's and another bench guy getting theres? Save the prospects. Platoon partners and OF/DH types can be had cheap around the deadline. It would be really nice to see Walker or Alvarez have a big spring. But my sleeper for ST is Parades.

You pegged it as of now. I think it's Paredes, Hassan, possibly Reimold fighting it out for the 1 open spot. If MW can't catch he will be on the DL on OD. No reason to keep 3 catchers. At this point I'm pretty content with this. I don't get why we'd trade anyone to fill out a part time role. Would the value that we gave up be worth the value added over Lough getting 400 AB's and another bench guy getting theres? Save the prospects. Platoon partners and OF/DH types can be had cheap around the deadline. It would be really nice to see Walker or Alvarez have a big spring. But my sleeper for ST is Parades.

If Paredes has a good year he'll negate the need for the left handed bat. His splits are better vs RHP. But I don't have that much confidence in his ability to get on base. He's yet another low OBP guy with some power.

Hassan on the other hand looks like the perfect guy to break through to the majors this year. He has a career minors line of .291/.396/.436 and only nine ML plate appearances to show for it.

Archived