Let's Just Assume......

Bumps49

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If possible, I like the Kim Ng angle.

In light of all the press the Os have been getting, THIS would be good press. I know very little about her, but I'm down with bucking convention.

Ng had seemed at times during her tenure to be on the verge of becoming baseball's first female GM. She interviewed for the Dodgers GM job in the fall of 2005, but ultimately was passed over in favor of Colletti, then the San Francisco Giants assistant GM. Ng also interviewed for the Seattle Mariners GM vacancy in the fall of 2008 but was passed over in favor of Jack Zduriencik. She interviewed for the San Diego Padres GM vacancy in the fall of 2009, with that job ultimately going to Jed Hoyer.

Ng said she still has the goal of becoming a general manager.

Here's a link to a good overview of what's she's currently up to. IMO she's overdue for a shot. Why not with the O's if Duquette leaves? I mean imagine Colletti, Minaya, Towers...(shudder)...

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/news/story?id=6192991

Here's a link to a good overview of what's she's currently up to. IMO she's overdue for a shot. Why not with the O's if Duquette leaves? I mean imagine Colletti, Minaya, Towers...(shudder)...

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/news/story?id=6192991

Good stuff. Let's be the team that gives her that break, if she'll have us. Our schtick is about out opportunity-ing other places, right?

Wow. Kim Ng just sounds impressive. Love everything I've heard and read about her. Imagine her coming to Baltimore and building a World Series team. How amazing would that be - on so many different levels. I like that she understands arbitration and the minor leagues... and she's been with some winners. The fact that Joe Torre would pursue her is a good sign, too. Always respected Torre.

Serious or joking? (I really don't know how good he is. Except maybe for the massive disappointing trade with Miami.)

I think he has made a lot of very good moves that for whatever reason have never worked out.

Though I will say in hindsight, as much as people attacked the Marlins for making the trade, but it actually wasn't too bad.

David Forst

Assistant General Manager/Oakland Athletics

David Forst begins his 15th season with the Athletics and his 11th as assistant general manager. He was appointed to his current position in February of 2004 after serving as an assistant to the general manager and coordinator of professional scouting. His primary duties include assisting Billy Beane in all player acquisitions, contract negotiations and player evaluations.

The 37-year-old Forst graduated Cum Laude from Harvard University in 1998 with a bachelor of arts degree in sociology. He played baseball for the Crimson for four seasons and earned third team All-America honors as a senior in 1998. He also played for the Springfield (Ill.) Capitals of the Frontier League in 1998 and 1999.

A native of Encino, Calif., Forst resides in Berkeley, Calif. with his wife, Rebe, son, Judah, and daugther, Sasha.

Archived