2015 Travis Snider Trade

xian4

Wow Roch called Snider a power hitting corner outfielder. 50 homers in 1706 in MLB at bats. 135 xBH in 1706 abs and only 184 RBI with a high of 38.

Talk about using the word Power loosely.

This is not a terrible move ...but let's not pretend they just traded for Upton.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We seem to be the only ones here not concerned about the power," manager Clint Hurdle said. "A lot of people externally like to punch holes in things. We wanted to focus again on him being a good hitter because I think that's one of the things that escaped him a little bit. He had always been a good hitter, then the power came into play."

Snider might have been influenced by what Hurdle called a Blue Jays lineup with "free-swinging guys with big, strong grip-it-and-rip-it guys."

Clint

Wow Roch call Snider a power hitting corner outfielder. 50 homers in 1706 in MLB at bats. 135 xBH in 1706 abs and only 184 RBI with a high of 38.

This is not a terrible move ...but let's not pretend they just traded for Upton.

He's a good player. His surplus value might be more than either Upton for the next two season.

Wow Roch called Snider a power hitting corner outfielder. 50 homers in 1706 in MLB at bats. 135 xBH in 1706 abs and only 184 RBI with a high of 38.

He was always a power hitter young. He won the AA HR derby back in the day. He's good bud. You'll like him.

"We seem to be the only ones here not concerned about the power," manager Clint Hurdle said. "A lot of people externally like to punch holes in things. We wanted to focus again on him being a good hitter because I think that's one of the things that escaped him a little bit. He had always been a good hitter, then the power came into play."

Snider might have been influenced by what Hurdle called a Blue Jays lineup with "free-swinging guys with big, strong grip-it-and-rip-it guys."

Clint

Scouts were concerned Snider's swing had developed in a way that eliminated a lot of his power potential -- specifically, he rolled his hands over as he finished the swing. That adds more topspin to the ball, which often keeps it from traveling as far as possible.

Hurdle said when the Pirates acquired Snider near the 2012 trade deadline, they focused on rebuilding his swing.

"The basic stroke and the strengths of the stroke had kind of disconnected," he said.

Once the Pirates got his swing back, the power would follow. The key was to make Snider a good hitter with power, not a power hitter.

Hurdle said Snider is growing into the adjustments.

"I think he's found his rhythm and his rhyme and reconnected with his hands,"

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2013/05/26/On-the-Pirates-Recharged-Travis-Snider-is-a-good-hitter-with-power/stories/201305260142

He's a good player. His surplus value might be more than either Upton for the next two season.

Sorry Weams .... I like the move considering that we appear to have given up little. But I personally care not about surplus value.

If you ask me what I'd rather have between

.265 13 hrs and 38 RBI & .274 29 hrs and 103 RBI. The later is better for the Orioles chances of winning a World Series. Upton has hit more than double the RBI than Snider each of the last five years.

I agree that the low expectations for moves here gets people excited about a relatively minor move. Just not me....again good move, but lets not get carried away.

Archived