2015 Travis Snider Trade

xian4

The 26-year-old Snider (27 next week), formerly one of the Top 10 prospects in all of baseball according to both Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus, never was able to live up to those lofty expectations, but he enjoyed a solid season in 2014. Last year with the Pirates, the former Blue Jays top pick batted .264/.338/.438 with 13 homers in 359 plate appearances.

Snider and the Pirates have already agreed to a $2.1MM salary this season, avoiding arbitration. mlbtraderumors

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...A name that works and no one has mentioned him. He would be the perfect fit for the Pirates. The money is about the same and he is not on the 40 man roster:

Suk-Min Yoon

He is from South Korea and they just signed a player from South Korea. Yoon is making $1,975.000 this year and 2 plus mil next year.

OK...A name that works and no one has mentioned him. He would be the perfect fit for the Pirates. The money is about the same and he is not on the 40 man roster:

Suk-Min Yoon

He is from South Korea and they just signed a player from South Korea. Yoon is making $1,975.000 this year and 2 plus mil next year.

You don't think they know that he's terrible? Also, if they're trading Snider to save $2.1 million, why would they want a minor league player with a major league salary?

Of the names thrown around this offseason to play RF, from the cold hard stats and no knowledge of him personally, I think Snider MIGHT be the best of the ones. With 400 +- Abs, he COULD hit 18/20 HR. And, he appears NOT to embarrass himself vs lefties. Do not know about his arm.

Of the names thrown around this offseason to play RF, from the cold hard stats and no knowledge of him personally, I think Snider MIGHT be the best of the ones. With 400 +- Abs, he COULD hit 18/20 HR. And, he appears NOT to embarrass himself vs lefties. Do not know about his arm.

He's at +12 DRS for his career, with most of that value coming from his arm. UZR/150 has him at an exactly average 0.0 for his career.

Why is everyone so enamored with Snyder? Im just not seeing it.

Formally a top 5 prospect who is only 26, an adequate fielder coming off a decent season. If he puts another year like he did last year he is putting up Markakis like numbers. Don't see why you are negative towards this. beats the heck out of Lough.

Who is out there that would impress you and costs a couple of nobody minor leaguers? It's just a depth move. Add him to the competition.

O's fans sure do love getting their panties in a bunch.

I don't know who's available ,....this guys not worth anything worth giving anything up for.

If they didn't sit on their hands the whole offseason we wouldn't need to hurt for scraps.

You guys crack me up. Snider has never had more than 359 PA in a season, and he's been worth 4.2 rWAR over his entire career. He has some upside, but he's a role player, nothing more.

His minor league numbers look real good. He had a very productive yea last year. He is ove two years younger than Lough

On a side note, while trying to watch any video of Travis Snider on the MLB.com site, I can report that MLB's video streaming continues to be the absolute worst in professional sports and just an absolute embarrassment. After three efforts of different videos failing to load (although each of their different 30 second commercials that you cannot avoid or click out of loaded with prime speed), was still unable to stream anything. It is not my connection, not my server as I am streaming videos from other sites all the time and often at the same time. But MLB.com has consistently the worst fan experience from a video standpoint.

Why are you so content with the dumpster moves? The low expectations from fans around here is very low.

Travis Snyder is not a dumpster. Travis Snyder is better than two of the Yankees four outfielders. Travis is better than three of the five Red Sox outfielders. Travis is pretty good.

Archived