Yankees retiring the numbers of Posada, Pettitte and B. Williams

Frobby

Will the Yankees be the first team to use corporate logos on their backs instead of numbers?

And don't get any ideas, I've patented that concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing Marlins.

Yankees do have some class about some things.

That is more then I can say about the Marlins.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like keeping long-hair hippies off their lawn?

The sign said, "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"

So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why

He said, "You look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do"

So I took off my hat, I said, "Imagine that, huh, me workin' for you"

This makes 22 retired numbers for the Yankees. I'm sorry, but that's a joke.

Why do you care whose numbers they retire? Only person number I could see anyone having issues with is Jackie Robinson because that was forced on the teams. I have more issue with them not having their players names on their jerseys. As sometimes I don't know who is playing.

Why do you care whose numbers they retire? Only person number I could see anyone having issues with is Jackie Robinson because that was forced on the teams. I have more issue with them not having their players names on their jerseys. As sometimes I don't know who is playing.

The "why" was answered several times over in this thread. If you are complaining it is team preference, than you have no room to complain about the lack of names.

The "why" was answered several times over in this thread. If you are complaining it is team preference, than you have no room to complain about the lack of names.

No I can complain about the lack of names has nothing to do with the Yankees retiring numbers. If they put the names on the jerseys they could eliminate the numbers all together.

Actually I have looked through the thread and non made a case why they are concerned about another team retiring numbers. Unless you are a Yankees fan you shouldn't care.

Archived