Schoop's going to keep his job

Frobby

If Schoop produces offensively, it wouldn't surprise me to see Cabrera given considerable time in the outfield at Norfolk. De Aza will be gone after this year. Having a decent left fielder who can lead off would be a plus, and Cabrera is still under team control for next year. There is a lot of talent in him. Just have to figure out the best way to get it out.

2016, would also mean you have to consider Alvarez in the mix, and by that time, maybe Yaz too.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what championship teams do, and this is no longer a super tight budget team, this is a team trying to stay in contention.

Last year with multiple injuries, showed them the need for better depth, to stay competitive.

Huh? Waste 2.4 million on a middle IF who can't beat out Flaherty? I think DD has done a fantastic job of building AAA depth, but investing 2.4 million into a depth player for AAA is an odd move for him. I definitely do not think this is a "championship" move for a team that is supposed to be so cash strapped.

Huh? Waste 2.4 million on a middle IF who can't beat out Flaherty? I think DD has done a fantastic job of building AAA depth, but investing 2.4 million into a depth player for AAA is an odd move for him. I definitely do not think this is a "championship" move for a team that is supposed to be so cash strapped.

Agreed. Odd choice to call this what successful teams do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no clue why you keep saying this team is so cash strapped. Seriously, this is 2014 and the team hasn't been run that way since Syd Thrift days.

They did not have enough quality infielders at AAA last year.

No way Schoop goes to Triple-A. He's shown he deserve to be in the MLB. Hes the Orioles best bet at 2B.

He starts the year at 2nd for the Orioles.

However, if he really is slumping and the team isn't winning, then look for him to spend a couple of week at AAA to try and sort things out.

I have no clue why you keep saying this team is so cash strapped. Seriously, this is 2014 and the team hasn't been run that way since Syd Thrift days.

They did not have enough quality infielders at AAA last year.

Yes they did. Dejesus definitely belonged in the majors, imo. And Jemile Weeks was a major league veteran who earned playing time with the Red Sox after he was traded to them late in the season.

Yes they did. Dejesus definitely belonged in the majors, imo. And Jemile Weeks was a major league veteran who earned playing time with the Red Sox after he was traded to them late in the season.

Jemile Weeks was not a major league veteran. Barely any major league time. And he wasn't going to get up and was destined for AAA but was called up because Pedroia got injured.

I guess DD doesn't agree with you.

Weeks didn't show enough for the team to keep him, and he played 14 games with Boston, not exactly a large amount of games.

Is Weeks still going to be a starter, or was he a starter because of injuries?

Is Dejesus still playing for Boston?

I guess DD doesn't agree with you.

Weeks didn't show enough for the team to keep him, and he played 14 games with Boston, not exactly a large amount of games.

Is Weeks still going to be a starter, or was he a starter because of injuries?

Is Dejesus still playing for Boston?

DeJesus signed a minor league deal with someone outside of Boston I believe.

Archived