Will Jimmy Paredes force his way onto this team?

mdbdotcom

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting back on topic.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/03/wieters-behind-the-plate-alvarez-on-the-radar-paredes-on-a-roll.html

Jimmy Paredes also homered yesterday, drove in five runs and raised his average to .429. He's also been much better in the field than the player we saw last summer.

The issue, of course, is Paredes being out of options. He'd have to clear waivers if the Orioles wanted to send him to Triple-A Norfolk, and that's not likely to happen considering how well he's playing. Scouts do attend these games.

Paredes couldn't be the only utility infielder on the club. He's improved defensively, but not to the point where he'd be a suitable replacement at any position. Ryan Flaherty is better. Everth Cabrera is better, and he started in center field yesterday.

I'm not sure what the Orioles will do if Paredes continues down this spring path and it's truly amazing to me that he's emerged as one of the best players in camp. Did not see that coming.

I guess you didnt see the line that Roch wrote about how he doesn't make this club as the utility guy.

No, he said Paredes doesn't make it as the ONLY utility guy. That's why people are discussing the possibility of Cabrera making the team and leaving no room for Lough. It all works together.

No, he said Paredes doesn't make it as the ONLY utility guy. That's why people are discussing the possibility of Cabrera making the team and leaving no room for Lough. It all works together.

Sorry, not a logical thought that the Orioles are seriously thinking Cabrera for the Outfield, when he didn't play there until yesterday, not even shagging flies.

Sorry, not a logical thought that the Orioles are seriously thinking Cabrera for the Outfield, when he didn't play there until yesterday, not even shagging flies.

Buck says he expects him to play everywhere except 1B and Catcher. Take it up with Buck.

Buck says he expects him to play everywhere except 1B and Catcher. Take it up with Buck.

Yes sir. Buck didn't play him in CF for the fun of it.

It's easier for an infielder to make the transition to playing outfield, if only just occasionally, than it is for an outfielder to transition to middle infield.

Yes sir. Buck didn't play him in CF for the fun of it.

It's easier for an infielder to make the transition to playing outfield, if only just occasionally, than it is for an outfielder to transition to middle infield.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cabrera were to become the starting LF by the All Star break. Of course, he also could show off a bad attitude and be released.

Archived