Will Jimmy Paredes force his way onto this team?

mdbdotcom

He could, if Paredes doesn't need to be used for more than a game at a time. Bobby Dickerson could continue to help him improve defensively.

If they decide that Cabrera can do a passable job in CF for one game now and then (to give AJ one of his rare days off), then he would be the guy to cover a position should Schoop or Hardy be out on a day to day basis. That would make Lough expendable.

Lough may have a lot of potential, but the Orioles may not be the team that can make the best use of it. Buck doesn't seem to have a lot of confidence in him.

Couldn't DeAza cover CF? Just like Davis could 3B?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are probably right. I have thought for a while now that the O's see Cabrera more as a potetnial outfielder.

I find it strange to consider Cabrera for the OF, since they hadn't bother to make sure he shagged flies there in practice.

Of course, Cabrera should have been pro-active and doing it of his own accord, to make himself more valuable asset to the roster.

Probably, Buck would choose De Aza, primarily a CF to this point in his MLB career. If Everth plays any outfield this season, it is more likely he gets an inning here or there in LF.

Doesn't Cabrera have to make the 25 man roster, before we can worry about his playing the OF this season?

The only way he makes the 25 man roster during the season, if Manny, Hardy or Schoop have to visit the DL.

He is insurance.

You think they are paying him a former All Star shortstop $2.4 million as insurance to play in Norfolk? Your opinion is unique. Please share on what it is based.

You think they are paying him a former All Star shortstop $2.4 million as insurance to play in Norfolk? Your opinion is unique. Please share on what it is based.

I believe it was Roch that already pointed out a couple of weeks ago, that 2.4 wasn't too high for the Orioles to stash a player at AAA.

He pointed out that last season, when Flash had to move to everyday job, the team was in dire straights for the utility INF job on the bench, and then Hardy went down, and the team got very concerned with the lack of guys in the system that they could bring up and plug in.

Hence, the reason DD has brought in extra infielders.

The only way he makes the 25 man roster during the season, if Manny, Hardy or Schoop have to visit the DL.

He is insurance.

Don't bet the mortage money on that! The chance Everth makes the opening day roster is at least 50/50. The probability he spends the entire season in the minors is about 1%.

Archived