Will Jimmy Paredes force his way onto this team?

mdbdotcom

That's not even remotely true.
Really. Care to explain why you think this? You can't possibly know one way or the other. But there certainly is a lot of unhappiness with both Flaherty's and Lough's offense, and both Paredes and Cabrera have been hitting well this ST. So it seems a credible assumption to me.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not that Lough has fallen out of favor. Rather it is two or three decent players for one spot. Some prefer Lough. Others Paredes.

Truth is, as the thread title suggests, Paredes has forced his way into the discussion. If he was OPSing .600 right now, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Lough hasn't exactly helped himself with his .451 OPS, either.

At this point I think Paredes makes the team and they hope to keep him after Opening Day. I didn't see all the game today but I did hear Hunter say that Buck said he won't keep 3 catchers. Buck said that he isn't keeping an extra pitcher. What other position player would it be then? Everyone else has options or is on a minor league deal.

Davis requires a 40 man roster move. I am suppose to believe that they will drop Lough and only Urrutia will be left in the outfield. We already have Navarro, Flaherty and Cabrera on the 40 man. We are going to keep 4 UTI?, and only have Urrutia as the only OF who can be called up?

Now some others will fall off the 40 man like Verrett but still.

Really. Care to explain why you think this? You can't possibly know one way or the other. But there certainly is a lot of unhappiness with both Flaherty's and Lough's offense, and both Paredes and Cabrera have been hitting well this ST. So it seems a credible assumption to me.

Certainly, I can't speak for everyone but ''people are looking for any possible bat'' seems intended to be inflammatory. An insult to those who have a different viewpoint from yours. What percentage of the OH, would you guess, wanted the Orioles to acquire Marlon Byrd? My guess is that only a very small percentage want ''any possible bat.''

Certainly, I can't speak for everyone but ''people are looking for any possible bat'' seems intended to be inflammatory. An insult to those who have a different viewpoint from yours. What percentage of the OH, would you guess, wanted the Orioles to acquire Marlon Byrd? My guess is that only a very small percentage want ''any possible bat.''
This is a silly notion. It is my opinion that a lot of people here would like to find better bats to replace Flaherty and Lough. nothing inflammatory about that.

Davis requires a 40 man roster move. I am suppose to believe that they will drop Lough and only Urrutia will be left in the outfield. We already have Navarro, Flaherty and Cabrera on the 40 man. We are going to keep 4 UTI?, and only have Urrutia as the only OF who can be called up?

Now some others will fall off the 40 man like Verrett but still.

OFers on the 40 man don't matter. Alvarez can be called up and can be optioned. Reimold can be called up if it's longer term.

Whatever positional player is retained for the first game will likely be DFAed to make room for Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OFers on the 40 man don't matter. Alvarez can be called up and can be optioned. Reimold can be called up if it's longer term.

Whatever positional player is retained for the first game will likely be DFAed to make room for Davis.

True but they also like having players they can drop easy for flexibility. I think they will hope to slip Paredes through. Lough is too valuable. After this year DeAza, Pearce and Young are FA's. Even if Lough doesn't play much this year he provides depth for next year.

Which isn't Lough or Paredes.

The team currently assembled doesn't provide for much flexibility.

Once you add someone they are there for good. They aren't going to put Alvarez there until they need to.

Once you add someone they are there for good. They aren't going to put Alvarez there until they need to.

Normally I agree with this line of thinking. But he is getting called up sometime this year so it's not like it's a Fiorentino situation.

Normally I agree with this line of thinking. But he is getting called up sometime this year so it's not like it's a Fiorentino situation.

He probably will be up, don't disagree. By why do that the day after Opening Day? If you add a "lesser" player it lets DD add pieces easier throughout the year.

At the end of the day I think Paredes is the kind of guy that is nice to call up in September when the rosters expand and the everyday players are worn down. I just don't see when he would play on this team. He isn't playing at 3rd. He isn't pinch hitting for anyone. We don't know what we have yet in DeAza or Snider. I am hopeful for both but they aren't locks. At least with Lough you know he brings a glove.

Seems to me Paredes is a LH bat. His glove isn't up to SS and would not be very good at 2B. We have a LH bat in Snider who also plays a decent corner OF. Just don't see a spot for Paredes on the club no matter how well he hits. I think the try to pass him through waivers after Davis comes off his suspension.

He probably will be up, don't disagree. By why do that the day after Opening Day? If you add a "lesser" player it lets DD add pieces easier throughout the year.

At the end of the day I think Paredes is the kind of guy that is nice to call up in September when the rosters expand and the everyday players are worn down. I just don't see when he would play on this team. He isn't playing at 3rd. He isn't pinch hitting for anyone. We don't know what we have yet in DeAza or Snider. I am hopeful for both but they aren't locks. At least with Lough you know he brings a glove.

Make a good point about Paredes. I would keep Lough.

Davis has to be suspended OD. If you DFA someone the second day of the season than there is a better chance they pass through waivers. Not too many teams change rosters that early.

I would keep Lough, but I think Paredes will have a place in the bigs - probably not with the O's. I think someone mentioned the Braves as a reasonable place for him. I could definitely see that - as they have several holes in their 25 man roster. I wish him well. He's a good athlete who seems to have worked hard on his skills for several years - trying to find a niche, and he might finally be ready to be a good backup.

Archived