Go Duke!-beat Carolina

weemnj

So, if TH had just gone down hard to the floor but not been hurt or get a bloody nose, then you would not think Henderson should be suspended?

If the game situation was different and he did not hit him so hard across the nose, then it's more boderline, but I still have an issue with what I think is an unnatural violent swing of the arm. If he had hit his shoulder and TH was ok, and it was a close game, that's borderline. I think the game situation is a bigger aspect in this then the injury. And I don't see how any unbiased person can refuse to acknowledge the action is worse due to the situation of the game.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the game situation was different and he did not hit him so hard across the nose, then it's more boderline, but I still have an issue with what I think is an unnatural violent swing of the arm. If he had hit his shoulder and TH was ok, and it was a close game, that's borderline. I think the game situation is a bigger aspect in this then the injury. And I don't see how any unbiased person can refuse to acknowledge the action is worse due to the situation of the game.

Maybe it is worse but it still didn't warrant a suspension equal to what Chris Paul got.

Maybe it is worse but it still didn't warrant a suspension equal to what Chris Paul got.

Maybe? Come on now, just admit it was worse, and by a wide margin. But at least that's progess.

And who cares what Paul got? One can play this game all day with all the suspensions that happen in sports, just because some suspensions were too forgiving or harsh, doesn't mean that should change how every other possible suspension is viewed.

Maybe? Come on now, just admit it was worse, and by a wide margin. But at least that's progess.

And who cares what Paul got? One can play this game all day with all the suspensions that happen in sports, just because some suspensions were too forgiving or harsh, doesn't mean that should change how every other possible suspension is viewed.

Sure it should...The Paul suspension was recent..It was in the same conference under the same league commissioner.

Whatever, i think it was bs because the only reason Henderson got suspended is because he had a bloody nose.

I don't think he should be suspended because of the result and i don't think a suspension would have happened if it wasn't a big rivalry(see Md/Miami today)

Sure it should...The Paul suspension was recent..It was in the same conference under the same league commissioner.

Whatever, i think it was bs because the only reason Henderson got suspended is because he had a bloody nose.

I don't think he should be suspended because of the result and i don't think a suspension would have happened if it wasn't a big rivalry(see Md/Miami today)

As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. They were too easy on Paul, so that was wrong, that doesn't mean they should let others off the hook.

You keep saying that(the bold part), but it's just absurd. The situation of the game is key as is the violent unnatural way Henderson swung his arm. And of course he had a bloody nose, that's what happens when someone hits you that hard in the nose, so lets not act like it was a fluke that his nose bleed.

As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right. They were too easy on Paul, so that was wrong, that doesn't mean they should let others off the hook.

You keep saying that(the bold part), but it's just absurd. The situation of the game is key as is the violent unnatural way Henderson swung his arm. And of course he had a bloody nose, that's what happens when someone hits you that hard in the nose, so lets not act like it was a fluke that his nose bleed.

Sorry but if you don't think Henderson gets suspended if that happened with 5 minutes left you are fooling yourself.

Sorry but if you don't think Henderson gets suspended if that happened with 5 minutes left you are fooling yourself.

You're fooling yourself if you don't think that's an important aspect of this. He may have still be suspended, I don't know, but due to the situation of the game, the act becomes indefensible imo. If there was 5 minutes left in a close game, there would be a better case for Henderson. If he hit him in the shoulder instead of the nose, there would be a better case for Henderson, or if he didn't swing his arm so violently.

I just had to add this because it is so typical of Ratface's hypocrisy:

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Wake Forest 40 @ dook 62 (that's 22 points, folks)

Guess who dook had on the court when the buzzer sounded?

You might think Johnson, Pagliuca, Davidson, Tormey, and Sutton?

Wrong.

OK, so maybe Zoubek, Pocius, Thomas, McClure, and Boykin?

Nope.

Try Paulus, McRoberts, Henderson, Nelson, and Scheyer.

So that's a 10-point larger lead than Carolina had, against a lesser opponent, and not even a significant rival, and Ratface had 4 starters and a top reserve in the game.

Ah, so maybe that's an aberration, a single slip, an oversight by the preeminent Rat?

Guess again!

Monday, November 20, 2006

Air Force 56 @ dook 71

dook ends the game with Paulus, Nelson, McRoberts, Scheyer, and McClure on the floor.

Saturday, December 9, 2006

George Mason 53 @ dook 69

dook ends the game with Paulus, McRoberts, Scheyer, Thomas, and Pocius on the floor.

So that's at least 3 games in which faced with a similar, but actually even more obvious situation to pull his starters, Ratface chose to leave his best players on the court.

And yet, that hypocrit had the audacity to criticize Roy Williams for having Hansbrough in the game.

Archived