2/23 Terps vs. Canes/ Gary Williams' status debate

I'm definitely liking the action Burney is getting. It's his best game as a Terp and good to see him step up like this. Too many offensive rebounds given up by both teams. Obviously, I'm ok if one of the teams keeps it up.

Is this the first time Burney has played all year?? I remember when he checked in in the 1st half I was thinking who the heck is this guy?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful drive and finish by Hayes. He has the ability. Is it focus? Drive?

He's not a great driving point guard but obviously he should be aggressive if the defender over commits. In general I think he needs to view himself as more of a scorer, he needs to be a bigger part of our offense. That means better off ball movement to get open and when he has some room take the damn shot!

EDIT: Vazquez needs a dog collar that electrocutes him after every stupid turnover.

Is this the first time Burney has played all year?? I remember when he checked in in the 1st half I was thinking who the heck is this guy?

This is the first time since the 2nd of January that he's seen any action. For whatever reason, he's buried on the bench behind Braxton Dupree, Dave Neal, Shane Walker, Dino Gregory, David Pearman, and Jason McAlpin.

He's not a great driving point guard but obviously he should be aggressive if the defender over commits. In general I think he needs to view himself as more of a scorer, he needs to be a bigger part of our offense. That means better off ball movement to get open and when he has some room take the damn shot!

EDIT: Vazquez needs a dog collar that electrocutes him after every stupid turnover.

I hope you've got rechargeable batteries in that collar.

Can't say much about this loss. Just got outplayed at Miami, again.

1-4 against the old Big East. That sucks.

Definitely not NIT bound yet, though. I think they're going to come out and play really well at WF.

Anybody see anything from Burney to justify his lack of PT so far this year?

Archived