For All Those Worried About Our Offense Scoring Too Much

CA-ORIOLE

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Bradley has pretty distinct splits. I think we throw all the LH bats at him tonight: (If Westburg is ready) Gunnar - SS Adley - C O'Hearn - 1B Santander - RF Cowser - LF Westburg - 3B Stowers - DH Mateo - 2B Mullins - CF
    • I don’t want to trade a promising pitcher. We’ve got plenty of position guys, they can get pitching somewhere else.
    • Scott has improved of late, but he’s still walking 7 guys per nine, he has a 1.4 WHIP, and is completely infuriating. When he was here he drove everybody nuts, and when the Marlins traded for him, I knew there was something seriously wrong with that braintrust. Im backing off of Miller, I think he’s coming to earth, and is always close to a TJ vacation, but Scott isn’t the answer at all.
    • The point wasn’t who was better between Irvin or Grayson, it was that if there is even a discussion, Grayson can’t be considered part of a “Big 3”.  After his performance in the playoffs last year and his lack of command so far this season, he needs to show a decent amount of improvement to be looked at that way.
    • https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/grayson-rodriguez-680570?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/cole-irvin-608344?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb Grayson has a higher ceiling than Cole, I think almost anyone would argue, yes.  But even if we're strictly looking at numbers, despite Grayson's uneven start, he is still statistically better than Cole in a handful of areas (mainly whiff rate, K rate, xBA, xERA).
    • Given his success here and perhaps lack of strong interest elsewhere, I wouldn't be surprised if Lopez would be OK with a minor league deal here.
    • Lots of stats say Irvin hasn’t been better this year. Grayson has had a few rough starts around his injury…he’s been excellent otherwise and has been excellent since he got re-called last year. Irvin is pitching very well but he’s not a sub 3 ERA guy.  He may be a sub 4 ERA guy though. 
  • Popular Contributors