Chris Tillman Today 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Tillman can't pitch well against a team missing Span, Werth, Zimmerman and starting a miserably performing Desmond then he's not going to pitch well against anyone.

You forgot that Rendon is also out. It's not much of a lineup. Still, I'll take 6 IP, 2 runs any time.

My observation about Tillman is that he is struggling a lot in the middle innings. It used to be that you got to Tillman in the first two innings or not at all. I recall he showed up at spring training with a bit of a paunch, and I wonder if he didn't work as hard on his conditioning last winter. That said, I think command has been his biggest issue.

If Tillman can't pitch well against a team missing Span, Werth, Zimmerman and starting a miserably performing Desmond then he's not going to pitch well against anyone.

There is certainly an element of truth in what you said. He still has to throw strikes and generally bad pitches to back ups can still result in runs. He did what he had to do and his curve/change up were better than in previous starts.

o

(vs. TIGERS, 7/18)

8 shutout innings.

1 hit (a single.)

1 walk, 8 strikeouts.

Worked with the slimmest of margins (the Orioles scored 1 run in the 3rd inning, and didn't score again until the 9th inning.)

Has not lost a game since May 31st.

In that time frame (since May 31st), his ERA has gone down by almost a full run (5.94 to 4.96), and his WHIP has gone down from 1.642 to 1.449.

Has not lost a game since May 31st.

In that time frame (since May 31st), his ERA has gone down by almost a full run (5.94 to 4.96), and his WHIP has gone down from 1.642 to 1.449.

He gave up 6 ER in 1.1 innings on June 21st. 10 hits in 4.2 innings on July 4th. Not losing since the end of May hasn't been due to a lack of effort on his part.

Here's hoping he finishes the season strong. Apart from a few flashes, he's been...well, you know.

He gave up 6 ER in 1.1 innings on June 21st. 10 hits in 4.2 innings on July 4th. Not losing since the end of May hasn't been due to a lack of effort on his part.

Here's hoping he finishes the season strong. Apart from a few flashes, he's been...well, you know.

You are 100% right, but let's hope that's the game that turns his season around. That was vintage Tillman.

You are 100% right, but let's hope that's the game that turns his season around. That was vintage Tillman.

I thought his last start against Washington was going to be his turning point. Had a great curveball and the best change-up I've seen from him all year. Didn't get the chance to see the game tonight (because I'm on my way to Detroit!), but it sounds like his change was even better. I'm definitely a believer.

Would you guys think about pitching Tillman on normal rest in NY Thursday and pushing Ubaldo back to pitch in Tampa?

I'd rather have the GB pitcher pitch in New York, not Tampa. Plus...I think extra rest could have played a role in Ubaldo's bad outing.

Archived