The Royals are Smokin Hot

CA-ORIOLE

Royals going way too far throwing at Lawrie AGAIN. He already paid his price getting hit yesterday. Herrera threw the first FB inside, almost hitting him, then the second one, 100 MPH behind him, just missing Lawrie's helmet. Then Herrera points at him as if to say it was his target. Suspension coming. The Royals are absolutely out of control.

They're going to be that way until they get a manager that gets it into their heads that they look like a bunch of frat boy punks. The funny thing is that the Athletics are exactly the same.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Royals going way too far throwing at Lawrie AGAIN. He already paid his price getting hit yesterday. Herrera threw the first FB inside, almost hitting him, then the second one, 100 MPH behind him, just missing Lawrie's helmet. Then Herrera points at him as if to say it was his target. Suspension coming. The Royals are absolutely out of control.

Yeah that was beyond stupid. And they just lost Holland so now they will be without Herrera for a few games as well

They're going to be that way until they get a manager that gets it into their heads that they look like a bunch of frat boy punks. The funny thing is that the Athletics are exactly the same.

Yeah, it's funny cause I've always thought Lawrie and almost the whole entire A's roster are complete toolbags. You know it's bad when KC makes ends up making them look like the good guys.

Just saw the Lawrie slide that started this, it was a clean play (as was Sandoval's). Sorry that Escobar got hurt, but Herrera's completely wrong here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is kind of my thinking. I mean he went in late, hard and it probably wasn't necessary because they weren't going to turn two, but he wasn't purposefully trying to hurt anyone. He was just playing hard. And I don't even like the guy, so I'm not one to defend him.

The Royals did a lot wrong in this series. Once Ventura hit Lawrie, it should have been over. Lawrie didn't even so much as look at Ventura, and when Ace didn't get a reaction he wanted, he approached Lawrie and started jawing.

Lawrie asked Hosmer for Escobars number after the game so he could contact him and apologize and Hosmer gave him the number. The wrong number. The over-reaction to Lorenzo Cain being his by a cutter on his big toe by Eiland and Yost, who cannot control the animals on their team, and Kelvin Herrera throwing 100 MPH behind the head of Lawrie, then gesturing after he was walking off the field that next time it would BE a pitch to the head is just savage behavior.

The Royals are going from media darlings to thugs and animals, and I really hope that MLB issues the appropriate penalties to keep them on their leash before they end up killing someone. They throw 100 MPH, not 85 MPH.

I can't believe I'm defending Lawrie.

^^^ I completely agree with you. I'm not the biggest Lawrie fan but he did NOTHING wrong in this instance. He was actually safe at 2nd if we really wanted to get technical. The Royals can dish it out but can't take it. They take everything way to persoanlly. Same with there fans. I was reading the comments in the Deadspin article and Royal's fans are just irate with Lawrie and can't believe people think they are in the wrong.

Really ticked me off watching all that transpire.

I disagree that Lawrie did nothing wrong, the slide was late and potentially dirty. That said, once he got hit it should have been over. The fact that he didn't complain shows that he understood getting hit and accepted it.

The slide was a little late but I put more blame on Escobar and the shift for causing him to be in a precarious position on the bag. I listened to post game comments from Yost and he said it was not a dirty slide, maybe just a late slide but it was b/c of the ricochet off the pitcher and not thinking Moustaskas was going to make the flip to 2nd. Lawrie was also safe.

Archived