The Royals are Smokin Hot

CA-ORIOLE

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Vargas reinjures himself within 2 innings of a return.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Vargas has a torn UCL and will need Tommy John surgery. Timing couldn't be worse. Likely to miss rest of 2015 and all of 2016 season.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">July 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jason Vargas has a torn UCL and will need Tommy John surgery. Timing couldn't be worse. Likely to miss rest of 2015 and all of 2016 season.</p>? Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="
">July 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sadly no surprise

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I'm not sure how they'll handle the end of the NYY series.  A single game might be a pure matchup and trend line question that could bump Irvin ahead of Bradish (I haven't looked but based on other posts...). After that, Burnes/Grayson/Bradish is our top 3.  Then Kremer is a solid #4. Maybe the use their positional flexibility thing for the #5 spot and play the matchup deciding between LHP Irvin and RHP Suarez?  It just would take a little planning ahead to know which is available out of the pen over a few days ahead of the next scheduled start. Ramirez is a voted off the island. Means gets squeezed a bit at this point.  He hasn't shown enough to be ahead of Irvin or Suarez this year.  Each start in AAA carries a lot of weight though. They will play the controllable arms gam with those who have options for a little while.  Baumann, Webb and Akin have to post up from here on.  This is the group when Perez and Wells are back.  I'm not sure what Akin is doing but I wonder if it's sustainable. Assuming health and expectations:  Kimbrel, Cano, Coloumbe, Tate, Suarez/Irvin, (Perez, Wells).   Which leaves one spot to be upgraded...  I'd love to get a guy ahead of Cano (market depending). But the Cano/Coloumbe tier is my floor.
    • I started that thread and deleted it.   The thread was not about who should or shouldn’t be in the rotation.   It was a HYPOTHETICAL about who people would want in the bullpen IF Bradish and Means were inserted  into the rotation AND IF Wells and Perez were activated. I laid out the rules of the hypothetical and twice explained to just make the choices based on the hypothetical.  4 posters responded.  3 have no clue what “hypothetical” means, including you. The fact that you think the thread was about who should be in the rotation justifies what I called you.  LOL
    • I actually thought those unis looked a lot better with white pants, which I don’t think they had worn before. Black pants just never look right. 
    • It is a tough decision because Irvin has shown he can also do well out of the pen, where as Means hasn’t. I think it will work itself out even if the initial decision doesn’t end up being the best one.
    • That’s okay.  Ask some Red Sox fan if anyone ever hit a home run completely out of Memorial Stadium.  They will give you one of three answers: 1.   “I don’t know.” 2.  “I remember Sam Horn almost did it.” 3.  “What’s Memorial Stadium?”
    • You do need to wonder if there’s some underlying physical problem.  McDermott has always had command issues, but 23 walks in 21.1 innings makes me think something could be wrong.  
    • You know the Orioles must be doing well so far when in 2024 when there are more pages discussing the lead TV announcer than the team's manager. 😀 I've heard them all and I Like Kevin. Not Chuck - Not John - but darn good at his craft with room and time to grow.
  • Popular Contributors