Roch: Dylan Bundy - Dominating

weams

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am the first person to say that all things being equal, greater velocity is better than lower velocity. By that same token, though, I would rather Bundy dominate at AA than not dominate at AA. So, this is something we can be happy about. It's certainly not a negative. The same people who are saying "it's just AA" would be upset if he were being knocked around, so it clearly means something of the opposite would cause negative feelings.

95-97 is better then 92-93. I see a lot of guys on this thread excited about dominating AA hitters. It's easier to dominate major league hitters if you can throw 95+

I disagree. If they aren't hitting their spots, 95+ will get timed and travel a long way. I just don't believe you need to throw that hard to dominate.

I'd rather him dominate AA hitters than bit dominate them.

There is more to having great stuff than velocity on the fastball. Yes, I'd prefer Bundy to be throwing a bit harder, but movement, command of several pitches, deception and the like are as important if not moreso.

Exhibit A: Gausman

I disagree. If they aren't hitting their spots, 95+ will get timed and travel a long way. I just don't believe you need to throw that hard to dominate.

I'd rather him dominate AA hitters than bit dominate them.

I agree.

I am also more worried about what movement he has on the heater, than the actual speed of the heater.

Good control and ability to fool the hitters with decent speed difference between breaking balls and heater will take him farther along his career.

I'd really like to see 106-107, ideally. Aim high.

My brother's half-step-sister's uncle's barber once told me that he personally witnessed Steve Dalkowski throw 115 mph. In the 14th inning of a game where he walked 22. That was 55 years ago. If Bundy can't throw 115 with all the medical advancements we have now why haven't we traded him?

Archived