Breaking News: Chris Parmalee Can Hit

Rene88

This guy is 6 for his last 10 and is batting .340. He can hit. Impressive. I know he is a bad fielder and we already have Paredes but wow. He was a heck of a signing. Shocked he didn't get a major league deal somewhere.

This guy is 6 for his last 10 and is batting .340. He can hit. Impressive. I know he is a bad fielder and we already have Paredes but wow. He was a heck of a signing. Shocked he didn't get a major league deal somewhere.

Maybe they can work on his defense skills.

He's playing out of position in deference to Walker. Parmelee is pretty good at 1B.

Thanks RZNJ. My buddy said he was good there too but didn't have enough power to stick? Thoughts?

All I know is this guy can really hit.

Parmalee's numbers are even more impressive when you consider the run scoring environment in which he is playing. There are only two players on the entire team with more than 10 at bats who have an OPS over .700 (Clevenger is the other one). At the same time, the Norfolk pitching staff has a 2.74 ERA, second best in the IL. Nobody's hitting home runs in that league -- the teams are averaging .51 HR/game. For the Tides, it's .44 HR/game hit, .37 HR/game allowed.

Op thread title should be he can hit in AAA. This would only be his 3rd best season in AAA out of 4. Notice the k and bb numbers in AAA compared to his MLB stats. His high walk numbers in AAA drive his numbers. Obviously in the majors he's not getting those walks. Nothing to see here. A 4A guy that can't defend enough for a corner OF spot and doesn't hit for power to play anywhere else. He could be an option for next year though given all our free agents.

Not sure. His first year in AAA, he OPS'd over 1.000 for a longer period of time than Reimold did his rookie here when we called him up. He hasn't produced at the ML level for sure. He has a nice swing. I'm not sure if he's starter material in the majors but I hope the O's can keep him until next year and at least have him in the mix. As well as he's hitting, I like to see eye popping numbers from guys who have seen time in the majors and are repeating AAA. Guys like Pearce had whopping numbers down there. Reimold should be over .900. Parmelee is almost there. Some more power would be nice.

In 2012 he had 22 home runs between AAA and MLB.

Op thread title should be he can hit in AAA. This would only be his 3rd best season in AAA out of 4. Notice the k and bb numbers in AAA compared to his MLB stats. His high walk numbers in AAA drive his numbers. Obviously in the majors he's not getting those walks. Nothing to see here. A 4A guy that can't defend enough for a corner OF spot and doesn't hit for power to play anywhere else. He could be an option for next year though given all our free agents.

Or maybe he is a guy that became a good, not great, player late.

He's playing out of position in deference to Walker. Parmelee is pretty good at 1B.

Yes, I remember seeing a Buck quote back in the Spring that praised his defense at first. He can hit, just needs an opportunity with an organization to play. Could be a late-bloomer in my opinion in the event he sees a power spike.

Well, to be fair, this is the minor league section of the forum...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived