Roberts Trade on Hold...ESPN Insider

Elvis Presley

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not an ESPN Insider subscriber....anyone got access to the story?

Check the Chicago newspaper sites, that's where the info usually comes from.

Most likely this one:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/825531,CST-SPT-cubnt05.article

Or this one:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-080304-brian-roberts-chicago-cubs-trade,1,3440186.story

Hendry knows the waiting game AM plays well enough and I'm sure Hendry knows to be as patient as is required.

But, IMO, AM holds the leverage here, but it is less than what existed in Seattle. The Cubs could well win the division without BRob.

Regardless, if our FO believes the Cubs are not offering enough and ends discussions, I would have no problem with keeping BRob.

Nothing new:

Despite rumors that claim that a Brian Roberts deal to Chicago is imminent, Cubs GM Jim Hendry told the Chicago Tribune: "There have been no active talks in any trade situation in the last five to six days."

The Cubs still hope to add the Orioles second baseman via a trade before the start of the regular season, but there has been no recent progress in the proposed deal.

Ceda was impressive early in camp, but not over the past week. He is very young and hasn't played above single A. He probably needs a year or more in the minors, but he has really good stuff. High 90's fastball and a great slider. I think he needs to work on control though.

Harry Carey,

How do you know the cubs and orioles have agreed on 3 players? This isn't a personal attack, I am just wondering as I read every piece on information available and anything I have read would place in the speculation category more than fact. So I am asking if you have source or something?

AM said while being interviewed on MASN during the BS game we had scouts at several locations when asked about the Roberts trade. He further stated with 3 weeks left in ST he would like to see the players being scouted, playing in a more typical ML situation as rosters get closer to being set.

I got the impression a trade is still eminent but AM is trying to get top dollar, and is no hurry.

Archived