Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

1 hour ago, bpilktree67 said:

Clay Holmes is the Orioles best player.   He makes Kimbrel look great. 

It's incredible that Holmes has not lost his closer job. A 3.27 ERA and 11 blown saves. Boone is a spineless manager. I am liking Hyde more and more.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Happiness is seeing the Yankees' opponent hitting a walk-off grand slam on Gameday.  

Clay Holmes is like if the Orioles still had Craig Kimbrel trying to close games.  He's the gift that keeps on giving.  

I swear that I checked GameDay, saw it was 4-3 in the bottom of the ninth for the NYY, turned it off, and went about my evening. I almost fell off the chair when I saw the final score about one hour later.

2 hours ago, OldNewGuy said:

The Yankees have serious closer problems with Holmes. #11 BS on the year. Maybe they'll take Kimbrel. Lol 

I was gong to say - it looks like Clay Holmes went all Kimbrel tonight.  He Kimbreled that save. 

3 hours ago, Yossarian said:

I was gong to say - it looks like Clay Holmes went all Kimbrel tonight.  He Kimbreled that save. 

I created a new stat last night in the game thread, the KS... the Kimbrel-save. That's when a reliever manages to protect a 9-run lead

51 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

I created a new stat last night in the game thread, the KS... the Kimbrel-save. That's when a reliever manages to protect a 9-run lead

He did protect the 9-run lead but again, looked lousy in the process.  Two baserunners and only a great play by Slater kept a run from scoring and saving the shutout.  

I agree this is the only spot you can use Kimbrel anymore and it was definitely the right move to use him.

I do hope they have the guts to not include him on a playoff roster.   Hurt feelings don’t matter.   Playoffs are about winning and besides he’s history anyway after the season. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gotta wonder how much longer Boone has his job.  I'm assuming Cashman is GM for life at this point.

They have this year. Maybe a deep run into the playoffs will work but I think it’s World Series or bust or else they are gone.