Roch: Flaherty to be activated today.

wildcard

He has made mental lapses this season.

Regardless, Roch has pretty good sources, and I suspect he is right.

Won't be too long, before we find out.

Money does talk (De Aza owed the most of the DFA candidates) and if Cabrera does agree, that is path of least resistance...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he clears waivers. And stays. If he is DFAed he is also limbo for a few days.

I suspect he will clear waivers, not like he is batting that great.

I suspect DD had talks with Cabrera when he was signed in the first place.

I also believe that he stays on Major league per diem, while in the minors, since he is on a major league contract.

Duquette said a few days ago that when the infielders come off the DL an outfielder is likely to go. He probably knows something about what is going to happen.

http://m.masn.mobi/media-mobile.php?show_id=2497334&p=

Fast forward to the 2 minute mark.

Could be DL or DFA.

Yep, that is why I thought it will be De Aza. However, the trend with the Orioles is to save $ and De Aza would cost the most. Should be interesting. I am hoping to get rid of the extra OF myself.

So I've seen it twice in this thread, but I thought we had to DFA Cabrera and not simply send him down. Whatupwidat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Orioles could DFA Cabrera yesterday and it wouldn't be too soon. The guy is done as a major league player.

Yep, that is why I thought it will be De Aza. However, the trend with the Orioles is to save $ and De Aza would cost the most. Should be interesting. I am hoping to get rid of the extra OF myself.

The payroll is at an all-time high, not sure how you can say this.

If Cabrera accepts AAA assignment, then they are paying 2.4 for a AAA SS.

The more I think about it, you are probably right.

Navarro could be back, if Hardy or Flaherty end back up on the DL.

O's don't like Navarro at SS. They bearly like him at 2B. After Hardy, Flaherty and Cabrera I would think Janish is the next in the O's SS pecking order.

The payroll is at an all-time high, not sure how you can say this.

If Cabrera accepts AAA assignment, then they are paying 2.4 for a AAA SS.

Because IMO, De Aza is the weakest link by far, not Cabrera. I don't think Cabrera is great or anything ( I thought he would be much better) but he can play SS or 2nd and there is value there.

Also-random tidbit-don't forget Janish is a great fielder and Buck liked him in ST.

Because IMO, De Aza is the weakest link by far, not Cabrera. I don't think Cabrera is great or anything ( I thought he would be much better) but he can play SS or 2nd and there is value there.

Also-random tidbit-don't forget Janish is a great fielder and Buck liked him in ST.

True, but Navarro can play short and is already on the 40 man roster.

True, but Navarro can play short and is already on the 40 man roster.

I don't know about Janish's range, but it looks pretty good while watching the games. I know that has been a weak point of Navarro. Yeah-40-man makes all the difference, agreed.

Edit: the more I think of it and after watching DD during the rain delay last Thursday, I think we cut bait with an OF (to the DL). I hope it is De Aza, but what he basically said during that interview was injuries tend to make these decisions easier. Perhaps an OFer is DL-ed. I think that is what happens. He seemed to speak favorably of Cabrera.

I don't know about Janish's range, but it looks pretty good while watching the games. I know that has been a weak point of Navarro. Yeah-40-man makes all the difference, agreed.

Edit: the more I think of it and after watching DD during the rain delay last Thursday, I think we cut bait with an OF (to the DL). I hope it is De Aza, but what he basically said during that interview was injuries tend to make these decisions easier. Perhaps an OFer is DL-ed. I think that is what happens. He seemed to speak favorably of Cabrera.

Which could lead to his being stashed at AAA, instead of released. (if accepted)

Navarro would probably be okay for a very short time on the bench, but longer time, might make Buck go for Janish.

Which could lead to his being stashed at AAA, instead of released. (if accepted)

Navarro would probably be okay for a very short time on the bench, but longer time, might make Buck go for Janish.

The waiting...is the hardest part.

Archived