Steve Clevenger, Mike Wright optioned, Everth Cabrera DFA - Rey Navarro & Cesar Cabral up

xian4

<blockquote class="twitter

We are trading arguably our best pitcher for our worst. :) Too bad everything, like money, isn't equal. Too bad Norris, who should not be in the Orioles plans, wasn't traded. Of course, with those numbers, he untradeable. If he puts up some decent numbers now, may be he will be dealt.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree and said so in my post before yours, but I do question why the Brewers suspension was reduced and ours wasn't, for the same infraction.

Not to mention the tirade that Smith went off on as he was walking off the field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cabral has two options left.

Roe is out of options.

DD was not going to DFA'd Matusz before the suspension because it decreases his chances of trading him. DD has tried to get as much money back and he could for Webb and De Aza. I sure he will do the same with Cabrera. And Matusz if he DFAs him a some point.

The more money DD saves the more he has to spend on players at the July and August deadlines.

Cabral has two options left.

Roe is out of options.

DD was not going to DFA'd Matusz before the suspension because it decreases his chances of trading him. DD has tried to get as much money back and he could for Webb and De Aza. I sure he will do the same with Cabrera. And Matusz if he DFAs him a some point.

The more money DD saves the more he has to spend on players at the July and August deadlines.

If I have to hear about trying to trade Matusz one more time.....I am going to scream.

Hey DD-NEWSFLASH: NOBODY is giving you anything of value for Brian Matusz!!!!

STOP IT!!!

End rant.

If I have to hear about trying to trade Matusz one more time.....I am going to scream.

STOP IT!!!

End rant.

We'll see. Lots of pretty good players have been traded for less than Brian Matusz. Over the last 2+ years De Aza has been worth 0.7 rWAR and he was traded for a decent pitching prospect. The O's got JJ Hardy for two pitchers who have a combined 59 innings and a 7.05 ERA in the majors and are both out of baseball.

STOP IT!!!

End rant.

I mean isn't that pretty much DD's job? Determine the market value of a player and then try to get as far above that as possible. I mean the market value for BM may be a guy we've never heard of but I find it hard to believe there's NO market for a guy with a good amount of ML experience and relatively respectable numbers out of the bullpen.

I just read: Cabrera is gone. Addition by subtraction. Bye, bye. :new_wave:

Welcome back, Matt Wieters. At least we have him until this coming November. :)

I'm not sure why Wright was sent down, as opposed to putting him in the pen for now. :confused:

I'm not sure if Matusz was just plain stupid or was smoking something. :noidea:

We'll see. Lots of pretty good players have been traded for less than Brian Matusz. Over the last 2+ years De Aza has been worth 0.7 rWAR and he was traded for a decent pitching prospect. The O's got JJ Hardy for two pitchers who have a combined 59 innings and a 7.05 ERA in the majors and are both out of baseball.

They tried all preseason, LOL.

And team's needs change throughout the season. Especially when a player has already had a third of their salary paid to them.

Hope you are right but let's be honest, what can we possibly get of value for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read: Cabrera is gone. Addition by subtraction. Bye, bye. :new_wave:

Welcome back, Matt Wieters. At least we have him until this coming November. :)

I'm not sure why Wright was sent down, as opposed to putting him in the pen for now. :confused:

I'm not sure if Matusz was just plain stupid or was smoking something. :noidea:

I hated seeing Wright go down. I don't know how the heck Mac did that tonight. But I'm sure glad he did. Wright staying stretched out keeps his value high. When Gausman comes back, Norfolk's rotation will be loaded.

Archived