You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

I don't think there are many teams that would bounce back from getting no-hit with 2 straight walk-off homer wins and a demolition win. Their boucebackatudeness is remarkable. Just when you think they're out of it is when they start playing their best.

Rocky-Balboa-Beat-up-370x235.png

It's all Buck.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know, and with how far back they are in the WC standings, well. They should have been sellers.

But at the time they were in the lead. 10-20 since the All Star break.I guess when I see the O's play the Nats in September ,one team will be in the pennant race and it might not be the team with the greatest pitching staff ever in baseball. I think either someone from SI or ESPN said that.

According to postseason probabilities supplied by Baseball Prospectus, the Nats now have just a 19.6 percent chance at making the playoffs — a drop from 89 percent during the first week of July. The NL East-leading Mets, meanwhile, have an 81.6 percent probability of seeing the playoffs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/08/17/forget-everything-you-heard-its-time-for-the-nats-to-panic/

Ugh. White Sox had runners at first and third with one out in top of 9th. A potential DP was ruled safe. Angels challenged and the call was reversed. Angels win.

Can't believe I stayed up watching that nonsense, Adam LaRoche is horrible now. I think they pulled up his slugging % and it was around 380. He should have taken a walk for a loaded 1 out situation but was chasing away and of course ended up hitting that double play which was under review for forever.

Can't believe I stayed up watching that nonsense' date=' Adam LaRoche is horrible now. I think they pulled up his slugging % and it was around 380. He should have taken a walk for a loaded 1 out situation but was chasing away and of course ended up hitting that double play which was under review for forever.[/quote']

When he signed for the Nats a few years ago, didn't he take a less attractive offer (in either years or money) to go there, ie. spurning the O's. I had a vague memory of something like that. Anyway, he rubbed me the wrong way that winter.

Looks like Twins are about done. Second WC looks like Rangers,Angels and Orioles. Hang on for the ride.

The Angels and Rangers have a huge advantage in terms of the schedule. The Angels have 6 with Oakland, 6 with Seattle, 4 with Minnesota, 3 with Cleveland, 3 with Detroit, and 1 with the White Sox remaining. That's 23 games with teams that are more or less out of it. Texas has 7 with Detroit, 7 with Seattle, 6 with Oakland and 3 with San Diego. Again, 23 games. Meanwhile, we have 4 with Minnesota and 6 with Boston. The rest are contenders, though Tampa (7) and Washington (3) are on the ropes.

Bottom line, we are going to need to play our butts off. Beating Texas head to head when we play them next week is pretty big, too.

Archived