You do realize that We are officially out of the Wild Card

weams

The Angels and Rangers have a huge advantage in terms of the schedule. The Angels have 6 with Oakland, 6 with Seattle, 4 with Minnesota, 3 with Cleveland, 3 with Detroit, and 1 with the White Sox remaining. That's 23 games with teams that are more or less out of it. Texas has 7 with Detroit, 7 with Seattle, 6 with Oakland and 3 with San Diego. Again, 23 games. Meanwhile, we have 4 with Minnesota and 6 with Boston. The rest are contenders, though Tampa (7) and Washington (3) are on the ropes.

Bottom line, we are going to need to play our butts off. Beating Texas head to head when we play them next week is pretty big, too.

Angles have a tough stretch from September 4- 13. Rangers,Dodgers and Astros. It is at home so that might help. Tigers are still not bad .Miquel being back but they did trade away some pieces.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets be real. The Orioles don't have the starting pitching,the consistent hitting, a solid approach on offense, team speed, and an ability to win games they need to to stay in the race. Its early to say it, but I think they are toast.

It's not early to say at all. We have a pretty big sample of them being a team that hovers around .500. They just aren't that good this season. It happens.

It's not early to say at all. We have a pretty big sample of them being a team that hovers around .500. They just aren't that good this season. It happens.

I agree with this, to this point.

And yet, baseball is baseball, and teams that seem like they're going great will suddenly lose it, and teams that seem like they're struggling will go on a roll.

Before this series we were rolling pretty good and were a good home team. The Twins were slumping badly and were one of the worst road teams in baseball. And yet they have outplayed us badly in 3 games.

You just never know in baseball. We're a game out.

Lets be real. The Orioles don't have the starting pitching,the consistent hitting, a solid approach on offense, team speed, and an ability to win games they need to to stay in the race. Its early to say it, but I think they are toast.

One game out. One game.

Eagle, we all want the O's to win. But your constant defense of them is making you seem like a fanboy. You are sipping that Kool Aid very hard.

He's right, though. We're still right in the middle of it. I certainly haven't given up. The odds are not very good, considering how the Orioles have been playing recently and how many teams are in the hunt, but throwing your hands up with a month to play and only a game back seems a little ridiculous.

Have we become spoiled? Obviously I want the Orioles to win it all, but it's late August and we're playing games that matter. I haven't forgotten the Dark Ages.

Eagle, we all want the O's to win. But your constant defense of them is making you seem like a fanboy. You are sipping that Kool Aid very hard.

Seems like he has a firm grasp on reality. We are one game off a playoff spot.

We are playing badly. Very badly. If we dont start playing better we WILL be out of it shortly.

You apparently believe it's impossible that we will start playing better. I don't. Improbable, sure. But I know Ubaldo can pitch better than he has, because I've seen it. Will he? No idea, but I believe it's possible. Gausman COULD go on a role. Will he? I dony know, but its possible. I can go on and on.

This team CAN play better baseball than they are right know. I am convinced of that. We can debate the probability of that happening. You apparently think its 0%. Some of us disagree.

Seems to me this club has about a 25% chance to make the playoffs. Odds are against it happening, but they aren't exactly insurmountable.

It's a middle of the road team. Maybe they get hot, grab some lucky bounces, and rip off a fun playoff run. Maybe they stumble, get some unlucky bounces, and finish up six or seven games out of the playoffs. The team isn't an embarrassment or particularly impressive. But they are certainly talented enough to play with any team in the AL. When they're clicking, it can be fun.

Ha ha. I love the optimism but just shake my head at people that think this team is a playoff team.

Could have kept Davies and traded for the future/plan for next year.

The good news is that we can focus fully on the start of the football season.

It is just frustrating when most people realized this and the guy in charge paid to make these decisions, keeps making the wrong ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha. I love the optimism, but just shake my head at people that think this team is a playoff team.

Could have kept Davies and traded for the future/plan for next year.

The good news is that we can focus fully on the start of the football season.

It is just frustrating when most people realized this and the guy in charge paid to make these decisions, keeps making the wrong ones.

Meanwhile, 2 weeks ago you rated the Nationals as the 6th best team in the majors, in spite of the fact that they were 57-53 at the time, and had lost 7 out of their last 10 games.

You had the Nationals rated ahead of the Mets, the Pirates, the Cubs, the Giants, nd the Astros.

You asserted that the Nationals were a "sleeping giant" as the basis for your Nationals optimism:

LOL

No way

1. Cardinals

2. Royals

3. Dodgers

4. Blue Jays

5. Yankees

6. Nationals

7. Pirates

8. Giants

9. Astros

10. Angels

11. Rangers

12. Orioles

I don't have a big problem with the Nationals being a tad above us, although you could make the argument for the reverse because of the fact that we are only 1 game behind them (56-54 for us to 57-53 for them), and play in what is now a considerably tougher division.

I DO have a big problem with the Nationals somehow being 6th overall, and the Mets not even being in the top-12.

There is apparently an extreme Pro-Nationals/Anti-Mets bias in his rankings.

Darn straight! :)

The Nats starting staff is amazing. Sleeping Giant.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/148734-MLB-Power-Rankings?highlight=Rankings

Since then, the "Sleeping Giant" has gone 4-8 in their last 12 games, and stand at 61-61 overall.

Your disdain for Orioles' fans optimism is in stark contrast with your love-fest for the Nationals, which is quite hypocritical.

Archived