At what OPS would you not offer Davis a QO?

Scrat1

Davis QO cutoff point  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Davis QO cutoff point

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I set the bar low. Given the likelihood of accepting a QO, the O's payroll situation for '16, and the recent swags by several respected posters that he'll get a 4/65 or 6/100 offer, I'd throw out the QO unless he just totally tanks and ends up in the mid .600s. You can't be crippled by a 1/15 deal.

I set the bar low. Given the likelihood of accepting a QO, the O's payroll situation for '16, and the recent swags by several respected posters that he'll get a 4/65 or 6/100 offer, I'd throw out the QO unless he just totally tanks and ends up in the mid .600s. You can't be crippled by a 1/15 deal.

As I've said elsewhere, I don't think Davis will see anything like 4/$65 mm unless his 2015 numbers tick up drastically, but that's kind of irrelevant. We've seen players reject QO's and sign for way less than 4/$65 mm. I'd certainly give Davis a QO at .766. Not so sure about .733.

Ham sandwich. Or even turkey sandwich. I am offering him a QO pretty much no matter what (first, Boras clients don't take QOs, second, even if he tanks this year and does take the QO, it is still a one year deal and I make the calculated wager that the fluke of 2013 can be recaptured in a one year situation, or even anywhere remotely close to it).

I am always comfortable.

Typically, I would disagree w/ this ... but not here. Boras is still his agent and there's no way that Boras accepts a QO over the chance at a long term deal. No matter how much it may hurt his client's stock.

Davis could hit .130 w/ 2 HR's for the rest of the season and you should still feel safe offering him a QO. lol

Typically, I would disagree w/ this ... but not here. Boras is still his agent and there's no way that Boras accepts a QO over the chance at a long term deal. No matter how much it may hurt his client's stock.

Davis could hit .130 w/ 2 HR's for the rest of the season and you should still feel safe offering him a QO. lol

If Davis has a poor season, say worse than last year, I could see Boras letting Davis take a 16 M pillow contract. He's done it before, with Beltre e.g.

The larger question would be if I would offer all Boras Orioles free agents a QO. I think I just might.

Is the number of Boras clients 3? Davis, Chen, Wieters? Unless there was a Ray Rice situation, I'd offer one to all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived