Manny Machado...

Oriolesallday

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Manny Machado became the 3rd player in the last 50 years to lead off both the 1st and 2nd innings with a home run.

The other 2 were Chad Curtis for the Tigers (5/28/95). and Stan Javier for the Giants (4/11/99.)

https://twitter.com/masnroch

The opportunities to even do this are pretty rare though, since you have to have exactly 9 men come to the plate in the first inning to even have a chance to do so ...... it sounded neat, though.

Until this year, I was not fully sold on Manny's bat. Now he is really putting it all together. Even adding the occasional stolen base. Exceeding all expectations.

Goldschmidt is putting on a show in the NL. 27 years old but only one more year service time than Manny.

Bionic knees now.

Do we trust that the issues are solved? I don't think a lot of people know that except the docs and management. The health of his legs is usually influential on whether or not I want him to be paid off. Two freak knee injuries in two years. That's the kind of thing you look back on 4 years into a guy's big contract and you say "why didn't we see the warning signs." On the other hand if that can be used to get him for 6 years at a good rate than I'm fine with that. I have no contention that this guy is a phenomenal baseball player.

Still on that "Sorry Brooksie" thing huh?

If that was his reference that's pretty funny Gordo :laughlol:

Do we trust that the issues are solved? I don't think a lot of people know that except the docs and management. The health of his legs is usually influential on whether or not I want him to be paid off. Two freak knee injuries in two years. That's the kind of thing you look back on 4 years into a guy's big contract and you say "why didn't we see the warning signs." On the other hand if that can be used to get him for 6 years at a good rate than I'm fine with that. I have no contention that this guy is a phenomenal baseball player.

If that was his reference that's pretty funny Gordo :laughlol:

I guarantee it was since I've seen Gordo make the reference about 30 times since Cal's comment haha.

Manny's knee injuries wasn't normal knee injuries.

Machado?s first surgery corrected the abnormality in his left knee. The same problem in his right knee is likely what has caused his knee injury and will also be corrected during his second surgery. Essentially, his knees should both be fine after he recovers from his second surgery.

http://calltothepen.com/2014/08/23/manny-machado-knee-surgery-out-for-season/

I have doubts we'll be able to sign Manny long term. And that is totally depressing. We'll see.

Why get depressed about something that doesn't come up until after the 2018 season? A million things could happen between now and then. But the O's should take a serious run at extending him this offseason.

Archived