Manny Machado...

Oriolesallday

I finally got around to voting and voted Manny for 3rd 35 times. Some people want to make a statement and vote all KC, well I'm not one of them. Manny has no business losing out to Moustakas, he deserves to start the game. Yes, I conveniently ignored Josh Toolbag.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finally got around to voting and voted Manny for 3rd 35 times. Some people want to make a statement and vote all KC, well I'm not one of them. Manny has no business losing out to Moustakas, he deserves to start the game. Yes, I conveniently ignored Josh Toolbag.

I don't like Moustakas, but at least he has a credible case for being an all-star, at .327/.379/.467 and 2.9 rWAR so far this season. Manny has probably passed him in terms of performance in the last couple of weeks, but considering that the All Star voting has been going on for a while, it is not totally absurd that Moustakas is leading the voting. Some of the other KC vote leaders are much less credible.

I don't like Moustakas, but at least he has a credible case for being an all-star, at .327/.379/.467 and 2.9 rWAR so far this season. Manny has probably passed him in terms of performance in the last couple of weeks, but considering that the All Star voting has been going on for a while, it is not totally absurd that Moustakas is leading the voting. Some of the other KC vote leaders are much less credible.

I haven't seen a new all-star leaders list, since the MLB tossed out 65 million votes.

I haven't seen a new all-star leaders list, since the MLB tossed out 65 million votes.

They didn't just toss out 65 million votes since the last ballot update, that has been over the course of voting. Just like years prior, about 20 percent of votes have been disallowed.

They didn't just toss out 65 million votes since the last ballot update, that has been over the course of voting. Just like years prior, about 20 percent of votes have been disallowed.

Guy on ESPN sport center, made it should like they tossed those out recently and that it could impact the standings.

Figures ESPN wouldnt have it right,.

Oh no he's deserving, and probably should be the third guy taken if they take three 3rd baseman, but he shouldn't be starting over Manny or Toolbag.

OK then, back to Manny...

- His OPS is at a season high .882

- 1.137 OPS from May 31 to now

- On pace for 33 HR

- On pace for an 8.5 rWAR season

Man is he locked in at the moment. Nice easy swing, hits to all fields, not swinging at bad pitches, easy power.

Man I would pay him a lot of money to sign a "for-life" contract with us.

- On pace for 33 HR

Man is he locked in at the moment. Nice easy swing, hits to all fields, not swinging at bad pitches, easy power.

Just what I needed and seeing his game all over the national news :)

As much as I appreciate, respect, and value the production we get from Manny on the field, I find it hard to connect with him on a personal level the way I do with Jones. Perhaps it's because Jones is a once-in-a-generation blend of talent and charisma (for our franchise anyway, not MLB), but Machado just doesn't do it for me on a "favorite player" level. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's ours, but I get the feeling that he's already pure business, and he's only going to be around as long as he has to be. I guess if he signs an extension, I'd feel a bit different, but he just seems a bit robotic to me.

- On pace for 33 HR

A couple years ago we were picking "who would be best" between Trout, Harper, and Manny. I took Harper and one of my best friends in the industry argued Machado, with most others picking Trout. 2015 is giving us (me and my friend) hope that we can bring up that conversation again. What a great blossoming from Machado so far this year. So much fun to watch. I'd love to see he and Harper play 45 miles apart for the entirety of their careers. I'd hate to see both sign with the Yankees in 2019...:(

I'm not sure how charismatic Jones was when he was 22.

I was going to add that at the end of my post. Certainly, maturity and being used to the spotlight has a lot to do with public persona. Perhaps Trout and Harper are more of exceptions than the rule, but hey, I'm a fan, so I'm allowed to be demanding.

I will say that Longoria's deal gives me some hope that we'll be able to retain Machado. If we sign Jones and Machado at the same time and build around them, we can be in good shape for a while if we keep drafting and developing effectively.

A couple years ago we were picking "who would be best" between Trout, Harper, and Manny. I took Harper and one of my best friends in the industry argued Machado, with most others picking Trout. 2015 is giving us (me and my friend) hope that we can bring up that conversation again. What a great blossoming from Machado so far this year. So much fun to watch. I'd love to see he and Harper play 45 miles apart for the entirety of their careers. I'd hate to see both sign with the Yankees in 2019...:(

Three really spectacular young players. I've been following baseball since 1966 and do not recall a time when there were three players this good under the age of 24 all playing at the same time. And there are a lot of other good players under age 24 besides these three.

Three really spectacular young players. I've been following baseball since 1966 and do not recall a time when there were three players this good under the age of 24 all playing at the same time. And there are a lot of other good players under age 24 besides these three.

1989 and Ken Griffy Jr, Barry Bonds and Robbie Alomar

I generally agree. 1998ish comes close with ARod and Andruw Jones still teens or just turning 20 and other guys like Chipper Jones, Derek Jeter, Nomar Garciaparra in their early twenties.

Archived