Manny Machado...

Oriolesallday

Manny's just a few months older than Bryce Harper. Harper's making a huge leap this year after a couple years of stagnation. It probably makes sense that Manny is following that same pattern - though not to the amazing extent that Harper is.

1. Really good rookie year at extremely young age.

2. 2 solid but relatively stagnant years.

3. 4th year is the breakout year showing player is reaching star level.

Since it's happening to 2 players I know, it must be a thing.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think his injury history is relevant when discussing the future. He had defects in his knees that were surgically repaired. The defects no longer exist and he has no other knees to injure that way.

While Manny may or may not be more susceptible to a knee injury than anyone else at this point, he certainly has reason to be more sensitive to the risks of a career-altering injury than many players are. Also, he's watched Wieters go down with a TJ injury a year before he was eligible for free agency, and he's watched Davis hurt his value considerably by having a statistical slide as FA approached. If I were him, I'd be pretty interested in locking in a long-term deal and avoiding these risks. I hope the O's take a serious run at him in the offseason.

He is too talented to hit in the spot that is the fifth most important when it comes to creating runs.

Wow. I have never heard of such a stat. I am very interested to hear more of this theory. Any links you can provide for a full explanation?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Archived