Its a process of elimination - Roster decisions

wildcard

We don't face another lefty til after the all star break. Nolan will not be needed much during that time. Same thing with Young who the maybe trying to keep atleast til after the weekend with facing two lefties against the Sox.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that's what's going to happen. I like Delmon, and appreciate his contributions, but I think he's the odd man out.

I think Paredes recent hot streak saved him. With Delmon, you get a decent batting average but poor OBP, poor defense, and a guy who is only here for one more year. He is indeed the odd man out.

After doing some twitter research, I'd be shocked if it's anything other than Reimold going on paternity leave. No reason why all guys involved would be taking BP. Tune in friday for more as the roster turns....

The Orioles never announce roster moves until after BP, just in case a player is hurt. Wilson is expected to be added tonight. Something will have to be done when Gausman joins the team tomorrow. Schoop expected to take Reimold's place next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday while he's on paternity leave.

After doing some twitter research, I'd be shocked if it's anything other than Reimold going on paternity leave. No reason why all guys involved would be taking BP. Tune in friday for more as the roster turns....

Reimold is on paternity leave on Monday. Need a spot tonight. Odds are some is gonna get traded or dfa at 6pm.

Delmon Young will always be remembered fondly in Baltimore for his heroics in ALDS Game 2. But the Orioles don't need this many right handed platoon bats. Travis Snider and Chris Parmelee don't have platoon issues.

Jimmy Paredes definitely needs a platoon partner (being a switch-hitter in name only). Tough call between Reimold and Pearce to fill that role; ultimately I think Pearce offers a little more.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Young, the hero in Game 2 of the ALDS with his bases-clearing double, has DFA'd to make room for Tyler Wilson <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived