Its a process of elimination - Roster decisions

wildcard

The O's announced that it'll be Ubaldo on Friday, Tillman on Saturday, and "TBD" on Sunday.

Interesting that they're not yet confirming Bud as Sunday's starter, even though it'd be his turn.

So that means that Ubaldo will pitch next Wednesday, Tillman on Friday.- if they stay in order. Chen will pitch one game vs the Nats. If they option Gauman after tonight then the question is can they reinstate him to pitch vs the Twins when Reimold will be out? If they can do that then they can still skip Norris. If they option Gausman right after the game then would he be eligible on July 12th? I keep thinking they would like to send Gonzo to the minors to be able to keep Schoop and Reimold both on the roster.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The O's announced that it'll be Ubaldo on Friday, Tillman on Saturday, and "TBD" on Sunday.

Interesting that they're not yet confirming Bud as Sunday's starter, even though it'd be his turn.

I think that is very up in the air at this point. He is available in the pen.

Gonzalez would be pitching on 4 days rest so it could be his turn as well. Two things. Gotta see how Gausman looks tonight and need time to break the news to Bud.

Either way they need to have a starter for Tuesday. If they skip Bud then Gausman has to start next Tuesday, unless they call up someone else.

Is there any difference if you option a player right after a game or wait until the next day? My question relates to Gausman if they send him out right after the game tonight would he be sent out on the 2nd or 3rd?

I agree with that, and I don't have a problem with Delmon being the odd man out. But isn't Pearce's value of versatility diminished when Schoop comes back and with having Parmalee and Davis both able to play 1st?

I would agree that the value of his versatility is diminished, but I prefer Pearce's bat as well. With how Delmon had been hitting--he offers 0 value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We started the season with 11 pending free agents. Now, we are down to 8. It wouldn't surprise me if any of Hunter, Norris, Pearce, and Wright were sent packing before season's end, leaving us with as few as 4: O'Day, Chen, Davis, and Wieters.

I think Wright gets activated from DL and released. They don't seem too interested in him now.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived