Breaking News - Mammoth

weams

No. I'm in the dump someone camp. But there aren't any scrubs in that pile. They all have things they bring to the table.

I'm inclined to move someone who would leave via free agency at the end of the year (Pearce or Young I believe).

I think these are wise choices.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me it's gotta be Delmon, there is genuinely little interesting about the player or what he brings to the table. I'm not sure why we re-signed him, honestly.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3a9cvL2ZVAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Delmon. Young.

The last time we saw them in their championship year. His name was on our lips. We were ready to statue him.

For me it's gotta be Delmon, there is genuinely little interesting about the player or what he brings to the table. I'm not sure why we re-signed him, honestly.

Because we had no real reason to expect Jimy Paredes to outhit him.

Another double. Now he is 4 for 14.

That settles it. When Schoop gets called up he is bringing Trenton pitcher Kyle Haynes with him.

Kyle Haynes Stats Summary

LG LEVEL W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HB BB IBB SO AVG WHIP GO/AO

Minors 2015 [+] - Minors 1 3 1.87 20 4 0 0 1 2 43.1 33 12 9 1 1 22 0 36 .208 1.27 1.14

Trenton EAS AA 1 3 1.87 20 4 0 0 1 2 43.1 33 12 9 1 1 22 0 36 .208 1.27 1.14

Minors Career - Minors 10 15 2.83 121 12 0 0 17 25 223.0 196 95 70 3 6 101 0 208 .235 1.33 1.26

Another double. Now he is 4 for 14.

That settles it. When Schoop gets called up he is bringing Trenton pitcher Kyle Haynes with him.

He always hits well against Yankee pitchers. With the state of Yankee pitching, good chance they meet again.

Kyle Haynes Stats Summary

LG LEVEL W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HB BB IBB SO AVG WHIP GO/AO

Minors 2015 [+] - Minors 1 3 1.87 20 4 0 0 1 2 43.1 33 12 9 1 1 22 0 36 .208 1.27 1.14

Trenton EAS AA 1 3 1.87 20 4 0 0 1 2 43.1 33 12 9 1 1 22 0 36 .208 1.27 1.14

Minors Career - Minors 10 15 2.83 121 12 0 0 17 25 223.0 196 95 70 3 6 101 0 208 .235 1.33 1.26

Yes, but Schoop owns him.

Because we had no real reason to expect Jimy Paredes to outhit him.

We did have reason to expect that one of Pearce/Parmalee/Replacement-Level-FA-Which-Is-Always-Available-On-The-Market-In-This-Case-Nolan-Reimold would, though.

In fact, I would've found Nolan Reimold to be a more high upside signing than Delmon Young this winter. At least in the case of the former the best case scenario is not that he repeats his high BABIP driven .779 OPS from the season before.

We did have reason to expect that one of Pearce/Parmalee/Replacement-Level-FA-Which-Is-Always-Available-On-The-Market-In-This-Case-Nolan-Reimold would, though.

In fact, I would've found Nolan Reimold to be a more high upside signing than Delmon Young this winter. At least in the case of the former the best case scenario is not that he repeats his high BABIP driven .779 OPS from the season before.

Nolan was playing hard ball because Jenny and his agent did not want him to come back and Travis was still a captive on the Jolly Rodger. And we had just lost Nick, Nelson, and Andrew. Appeasement is a strategy.

And where were you when I said that in spring training? Recruiting members for your Flash fan club? ;)

This. Delmon provides nothing. If someone will take him, great. Otherwise, DFA and wash your hands.

This. Delmon provides nothing. If someone will take him, great. Otherwise, DFA and wash your hands.

Double Play Delmon. Hadn't GIDP all last year till the playoffs. Had two big ones vs the Royals in back to back AB's and now he's Cal Ripken.

I'm torn between losing Young or Pearce. It sounds funny, but they both have the possibility of getting hot and carrying a team for a short stretch. Pearce last year. Delmon ALCS MVP and his ALDS double. It's a coin toss.

Archived