Breaking News - Mammoth

weams

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Double Play Delmon. Hadn't GIDP all last year till the playoffs. Had two big ones vs the Royals in back to back AB's and now he's Cal Ripken.

I'm torn between losing Young or Pearce. It sounds funny, but they both have the possibility of getting hot and carrying a team for a short stretch. Pearce last year. Delmon ALCS MVP and his ALDS double. It's a coin toss.

I'd keep Pearce he has more power up side and can play a number of positions. Young is too one dimensional.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3a9cvL2ZVAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Delmon. Young.

The last time we saw them in their championship year. His name was on our lips. We were ready to statue him.

An unforgettable, wonderful moment, to be sure.

But I think letting Delmon go is the right choice.

As I said in another thread, Tito Landrun was gone the next year after his equally unforgettable, wonderful postseason moment.

Double Play Delmon. Hadn't GIDP all last year till the playoffs. Had two big ones vs the Royals in back to back AB's and now he's Cal Ripken.

I'm torn between losing Young or Pearce. It sounds funny, but they both have the possibility of getting hot and carrying a team for a short stretch. Pearce last year. Delmon ALCS MVP and his ALDS double. It's a coin toss.

It's not a coin toss. It's not even close. One guy did it over a whole season. One guy had a big AB. One guy plays multiple positions. One guy is only acceptable as a DH.

When has Delmon carried anything?

An unforgettable, wonderful moment, to be sure.

But I think letting Delmon go is the right choice.

As I said in another thread, Tito Landrun was gone the next year after his equally unforgettable, wonderful postseason moment.

I think Delmon should be issued his walking papers as well. Pearce is cheaper and more versatile..

They did bring Tito back in '88 though, for whatever reason. Purely for nostalgia, I guess.

I think Delmon should be issued his walking papers as well. Pearce is cheaper and more versatile..

They did bring Tito back in '88 though, for whatever reason. Purely for nostalgia, I guess.

2015 Salaries:

Pearce - $3.7mm

Young - $2.25mm

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> rehab Jonathan Schoop leads off the bottom of the 1st inning with a mammoth HR to LF on 1st pitch of inning. 2nd hit in 4 games</p>? Bowie Baysox (@BowieBaysox) <a href="
">June 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brady juice? All legal, mind you, but some acai berries and what have you.....:beerchug1:

Hasn't Delmon made the playoffs for 6 consecutive seasons.

I'm not much for superstition.... but I'd hate to DFA Delmon, have him picked up by the Yankees (he'd be an upgrade on Carlos Beltran) and then make the playoffs with the Yankees.

He seems to have some kind of voodoo like magic working for him.

Hasn't Delmon made the playoffs for 6 consecutive seasons.

I'm not much for superstition.... but I'd hate to DFA Delmon, have him picked up by the Yankees (he'd be an upgrade on Carlos Beltran) and then make the playoffs with the Yankees.

He seems to have some kind of voodoo like magic working for him.

You think the Yankees would pick up Young and play him over Beltran? He'd hardly be an upgrade.

Archived