Its a big night for Bud Norris

wildcard

It appeared to me that he totally let his pitching go by the wayside once things started to get bad. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he's a long reliever, unable to pitch more than 5 innings, and he's stuck in a starter's role which he is unable to achieve.

Maybe his defense let him down (his own included) and then he got beat by some good hitters. There doesn't always need to be a narrative behind it.

I mean, you certainly could be right and I'm sure he is a little frustrated by how his season has gone. But he's been with this team for almost 2 full years now and has never seemed like the type to wilt to me. Now all of a sudden he gives up some runs after some errors and everyone assumes he lost control of himself. Just seems like a reach to me.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know Norris looked OK till then even Palmer said his stuff was OK. The worse pitch he threw was to big sloppy.

Heck if we can't score more then one run we deserve to lose with Norris or anybody for that matter.

I agree, and while winning every game is nice, hard to happen, since the other team is being paid to play too.

I don't think Bud folded under the pressure. He just faced the order for a 3rd time' date=' and that's about the limit of his stuff.[/quote']

This seems to be the issue. The bottom line is the team tends to lose when he pitches. Great early and then too slow getting him out. 2 times through the order and get him out.

This seems to be the issue. The bottom line is the team tends to lose when he pitches. Great early and then too slow getting him out. 2 times through the order and get him out.

In his last 4 losses he has gotten 6 runs total. 2,2,1,1. No pitcher is gonna win to many games when you are getting just 1.5 runs a game in those situations.

I think Norris got a raw deal last night with the 2 errors, one of which was his fault. If Davis talks the ball to first to get De Aza out, that inning could have turned out completely different.

If Norris had covered first, as he was supposed to, he could have gotten out of the inning. He made two errors: one mental, one physical. Don't blame Davis for his pitcher not covering.

Archived