Duquette - "We'll be active on the trade front." (Buyers)

TonySoprano

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Britt was on 105.7 this morning, she said the Orioles will be buyers and they are "all-in" to win this year, and pretty much expect all current FAs on this team to be playing elsewhere.

It appears to be the only direction that is being pursued.

If we have to buy, I'd look for a good offensive COF followed by a solid reliever. I have no clue how we'd obtain those pieces, mind you.

Manny-JJ-Schoop-Davis

Wieters

Bench-Jones-Trade

Paredes, Pearce, Snider, Joesph

[two from: Reimold, Parmelee, Alzarez, Lough, Delmon, Roenicke, Lowenstein, whomever]

Ubaldo-Chen-Tillman-Gonzo-Gaus

Britton-DOD-Trade-Roe-Brach

[two from: Hunter, Matusz, Norris, Wright, Wright, Wilson, Givens, Mac, whomever]

This is where I am as well. I'm not sure that a relief pitcher is going to put us over the top.

Well I am pretty convinced that within in the O's budget constraints there's nothing out there that will put us over the top. So the in house guys better sink or swim. ;)

Well I am pretty convinced that within in the O's budget constraints there's nothing out there that will put us over the top. So the in house guys better sink or swim. ;)

Agreed. If we don't get production from Snider, Parmelee, and Reimold, we won't be going anywhere.

Britt was on 105.7 this morning, she said the Orioles will be buyers and they are "all-in" to win this year, and pretty much expect all current FAs on this team to be playing elsewhere.

That may be where they are at now. But if they go 3-10 coming out of the gate after the ASB, it's hard to believe that the club will still see itself as going all in this year.

That may be where they are at now. But if they go 3-10 coming out of the gate after the ASB, it's hard to believe that the club will still see itself as going all in this year.

I don't care if they go 0-13 out of the gate.

I don't see DD and this team being sellers, sorry, just my opinion on this.

The trade deadline is 27 days away. Our roster has settled in somewhat with Gausman in the rotation and Schoop back. That leaves to me the lefty in the pen issue and corner OF spots as biggest question marks. We don't have a lot in our system to deal. I still think the Jays do something significant and the Yankees always have the money. Considering how close the division is the GM's will play a big role this month. The offense does concern me. I know this slump will not last forever but to me we are still one bat short. We are going to have to ride out the starting pitching as it is. We have some solid bullpen options in the minors if we need them. Matusz invokes zero confidence. I hope Dan can pull something off to help. We are really going to need guys like Tilllman and Wieters to have big second haves to pull this thing off.

That's for sure.

Maybe it is a good idea to go full-Marlins and sell all those expiring contracts, from a practical standpoint. The biggest issue dealing with that is possibly ticking off the incumbents like Adam Jones and Manny Machado. But really the Orioles could bring in a huge haul with some shrewd negotiations.

Fine if the O's were out of it. I don't think they are.

Anddddd a little part of me just died.

Haven't we all assumed that most/all of the '15-16 free agents on the team would depart, since about 2012 or 2013? Especially the Boras clients. You don't pick Scott Boras to represent you if you're into stability and home town discounts. You want the money at the exclusion of most everything else.

I don't care if they go 0-13 out of the gate.

I don't see DD and this team being sellers, sorry, just my opinion on this.

I'm very much against giving up, rebuilding, that kind of thing. But if the O's go 0-13 after the break they'll be 44-57, and all but eliminated. I'm not sure you could find a single case of a team that was playing .430 ball after 101 games that made the postseason. It would be foolish and counterproductive to not try to aggressively shop the expiring contracts at that point. Maybe on some of them you conclude the return wouldn't be better than the compensation pick, but surely not on all of them.

Archived