Duquette - "We'll be active on the trade front." (Buyers)

TonySoprano

Sorry, that last year added to Cruz, made that contract unreasonable.

FWIW, I disagree. As much as I really like them, I wanted Miller, Markakis, and Hardy to leave and I'd have given Cruz that deal. I guess we'll see...

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, I disagree. As much as I really like them, I wanted Miller, Markakis, and Hardy to leave and I'd have given Cruz that deal. I guess we'll see...

I have nightmares of what we had at SS, after Ripken and Tejeda before landing Hardy, and was not wanting to repeat of that.

Very True.

Was more in reference to the Andino's and likes.

C'mon...how about the immortal Deivi Cruz and Cesar Izturis? ;) I checked 2008, and I'd bet you'd never guess who had the most plate appearances as a shortstop that season without looking.

C'mon...how about the immortal Deivi Cruz and Cesar Izturis? ;) I checked 2008, and I'd bet you'd never guess who had the most plate appearances as a shortstop that season without looking.

Which is exactly, what I never want to see happen at SS again.

There is a very good reason, this is a good defending team, with Manny, Hardy, Schoop and AJ is a pretty solid core group.

Freddy Bynum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope...I changed it to "plate appearances", but Bynum played neither the most games nor had the most plate appearances at shortstop.

Most plate appearances: Juan Castro

Most games: Brandon Fahey

Nope...I changed it to "plate appearances", but Bynum played neither the most games nor had the most plate appearances at shortstop.

Most plate appearances: Juan Castro

Most games: Brandon Fahey

[TABLE=class: sortable stats_table]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=align: left]Juan Castro[/TD]

[TD=align: right]36[/TD]

[TD=align: right]54[/TD]

[TD=align: right]46[/TD]

[TD=align: right]27[/TD]

[TD=align: right]390.2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]213[/TD]

[TD=align: right]72[/TD]

[TD=align: right]136[/TD]

[TD=align: right]5[/TD]

[TD=align: right]22[/TD]

[TD=align: right].977[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-5[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-15[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-4[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4.79[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3.85[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Freddie Bynum[/TD]

[TD=align: right]28[/TD]

[TD=align: right]37[/TD]

[TD=align: right]32[/TD]

[TD=align: right]283.1[/TD]

[TD=align: right]142[/TD]

[TD=align: right]56[/TD]

[TD=align: right]81[/TD]

[TD=align: right].965[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-22[/TD]

[TD=align: right]0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4.35[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Alex Cintron[/TD]

[TD=align: right]29[/TD]

[TD=align: right]45[/TD]

[TD=align: right]19[/TD]

[TD=align: right]257.0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]149[/TD]

[TD=align: right]50[/TD]

[TD=align: right]92[/TD]

[TD=align: right]7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]21[/TD]

[TD=align: right].953[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-25[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-11[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-51[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-9[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4.97[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3.16[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Brandon Fahey[/TD]

[TD=align: right]46[/TD]

[TD=align: right]16[/TD]

[TD=align: right]248.0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]135[/TD]

[TD=align: right]43[/TD]

[TD=align: right]87[/TD]

[TD=align: right].963[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-6[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-28[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-8[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-39[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-7[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4.72[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2.83[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Luis Hernandez[/TD]

[TD=align: right]24[/TD]

[TD=align: right]30[/TD]

[TD=align: right]26[/TD]

[TD=align: right]16[/TD]

[TD=align: right]223.0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]130[/TD]

[TD=align: right]52[/TD]

[TD=align: right]75[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3[/TD]

[TD=align: right].977[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-3[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-16[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-3[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-6[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-32[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-4[/TD]

[TD=align: right]5.13[/TD]

[TD=align: right]4.23[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Eider Torres[/TD]

[TD=align: right]25[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]18.0[/TD]

[TD=align: right]10[/TD]

[TD=align: right]2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3[/TD]

[TD=align: right].700[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-93[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-2[/TD]

[TD=align: right]-133[/TD]

[TD=align: right]3.50[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1.40[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Melvin Mora[/TD]

[TD=align: right]36[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1.0[/TD]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[TD=align: right]0.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]Oscar Salazar[/TD]

[TD=align: right]30[/TD]

[TD=align: right]1.0[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

CarGo is a player that interests me. I don't think I have seen the Rockies play a game all year, I have just seen some cut ins from MLB Network. He is saying that he is finally healthy, not that long ago he was a big time player. Couple more years on his deal but for significant money.

I don't think this is the deadline we will be active in. It will be during August. As far as trading for a reliever goes, we really just need to bridge the gap until september 1st when our minor league depth will take care of that. Here's some potentila low cost BP names:

Mike Dunn LHP Marlins

Krod RHP Brewers

Joaquin Benoit RHP Padres

John Axford RHP Rockies

Mark Lowe RHP Mariners

Then as far as a bat goes I'd look to get LJ Hoes. Then see where we're at in a month and hopefully buy once more teams are out of it.

Considering how every offseason he says we need guys who can get on base, the yes I think we will do nothing.

He can't do "nothing". That would set this organization back 3 or 4 years. He has to add a piece and try to win it, or fire sale. Losing 10-11 players and getting 2 supplemental picks would be a disaster that we cannot recover from.

He can't do "nothing". That would set this organization back 3 or 4 years. He has to add a piece and try to win it, or fire sale. Losing 10-11 players and getting 2 supplemental picks would be a disaster that we cannot recover from.

Exactly right. Duquettes legacy here in Baltimore is on the line. Which way he goes, and how effective he is at it will determine his place in history. I am in the camp that wants him to build for the future, trade his pending Free Agents that he does not anticipate bringing back and build for a brighter day. The other way he can go is to hang onto them all, trade whatever prospects he can to supplement this teams chance to go deep into the post season...Go for it. But if he swings and misses at this choice, we are in for a long hard uphill climb back into contender status.

Exactly right. Duquettes legacy here in Baltimore is on the line. Which way he goes, and how effective he is at it will determine his place in history. I am in the camp that wants him to build for the future, trade his pending Free Agents that he does not anticipate bringing back and build for a brighter day. The other way he can go is to hang onto them all, trade whatever prospects he can to supplement this teams chance to go deep into the post season...Go for it. But if he swings and misses at this choice, we are in for a long hard uphill climb back into contender status.

Hell no!

Its not on the line.

Do you remember 2012?

Do you remember 2014?

That was pretty dang good considering 14 years of pretty bad ball.

Archived