vs. WHITE SOX, 7/05

OFFNY

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, if he can command his pitches.

Me, I think he should still be in the minors. I guess they don't have a lot of options.

I agree he should be, but maybe the experience will help him. He's handling our free swingers pretty well.

I think Britton has strike out the side stuff simply because his balls moves so much. He won't do it a lot, but I see a lot of swings and misses when he pitches and very few foul balls. His sinker is so dominant, he doesn't even try to use the slider enough to slow hitters down. If he wanted to, he could strike out more than he does. And he has 41 in 34.2 innings this year which is impressive.

I did forget about Gausman. He has the stuff, but still needs work on how to use it.

The juvenile in me found this hilarious. I absolutely know what you meant, but the 13 year old in me just came out.

I think Britton has strike out the side stuff simply because his balls moves so much. He won't do it a lot, but I see a lot of swings and misses when he pitches and very few foul balls. His sinker is so dominant, he doesn't even try to use the slider enough to slow hitters down. If he wanted to, he could strike out more than he does. And he has 41 in 34.2 innings this year which is impressive.

I did forget about Gausman. He has the stuff, but still needs work on how to use it.

But I specified starters, that is what had me confused.

O'Day has strike out the side stuff this year, he has done it twice that I can recall.

Archived