I watched Clayton Kershaw throw a 90 game score game yesterday - wow is he good!

Frobby

Could happen, but I wouldn't bank on it just because he has had a handful of bad playoff games in the past. BTW, I'd argue that Mattingly mismanaged Kershaw in Game 1 of the NLDS last year. He was fine though 6 IP (2 R), but tired in the 7th and Mattingly inexplicably let him throw 29 pitches and allow six hits before removing him. In any event, that has no bearing on what happens next time.

I hope not. I don't want him to get a stigma.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• If he is just playing catch 3 weeks after the injury it seems to be more then minor discomfort or it isnt improving any.  In best case he could be ready by late May early June.  
    • Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but we have seen that the AAA to MLB jump is as big as ever.  Also, if you are going to bring him up to the majors, where does he play?  Do you play him at 3rd, leave Holliday down, and then move Westburg to the second.  Do you bench Westburg?  Do you DH him?  He can't play first or OF with current experience.
    • Mayo needs to start getting some OF starts in AAA. They have said that he is shaving fly balls in practice.  Maybe they aren’t ready to put him out there yet but I would like to see them just put him out there. The Os are going to be better with him on the ML roster.  
    • He also gave up a solo homer in the first game.  I agree, the grand slam was 95% on Baker for loading the bases without getting an out and forcing Webb in the game. I can forgive Webb for that one.
    • It’s just one series and that obviously doesn’t mean that much but for me, I came away completely unimpressed with that team. Soto may be the best hitter in baseball and Judge is likely to get it going (although the injury issues could be a problem as the season goes on) but the rest of the lineup is meh. They have an excellent bullpen but the starting pitching, without Cole and Rodon being meh, isn’t overly impressive. End of the day, my biggest takeaway is that I’ll be surprised if the Os don’t win the division.  I’m still weary of our pitching, as it stands (assuming GRod is fine), for October but this team is going to do nothing but get more talented as the season goes on. Barring a rash of injuries, if the Os aren’t fighting for the 1 seed, I think it will be a disappointing regular season.
    • He could be the most exciting player in the game right now. He has already stolen 18 bases and he has 8 HR'S. The Orioles need to keep him off the bases and get some outs. He's close to what Gunnar Henderson, when he's in a groove, is for the Orioles. Speed, power, and immense overall talent and fire. I hope the Orioles know how to pitch him, because he can turn a series inside out. https://www.mlb.com/news/elly-de-la-cruz-power-speed-breakout-2024
  • Popular Contributors